Monroe and Dermal Piercing Scar Removal - Oakbrook, IL

I took my Monroe piercing out about 3 years ago (I...

I took my Monroe piercing out about 3 years ago (I had it for around 15 years) which left me with an awful tunnel scar. I also had a dermal piercing that was rejecting that I wanted to have removed. I had the procedure done in office he numbed both areas before. The dermal took about 5 mins to remove and he put in one stitch. My Monroe tunnel scar took about 15mins to remove and I have 2 stitches on the outside and I believe 2-3 stitches in the inside of my mouth. The tunnel scar took longer with more stitches because the scar had to be completely cut out. Both procedures were completely painless besides the numbing shots those stung a little bit. All and all it was a good experience and I'm excited to see my final results.

Next day

7 day post

All my stitches came out today except the ones in my mouth He wants to leave those to dissolve on their own. My mouth is still pretty sore, but everything seems to be looking good so far. I have to start using a silicone patch and gel help with scaring. I go back in the 14th of July for my next check up.

Finally found some old before pics

1 month update

Dr. Karol Gutowski

Dr Gutowski is awesome he always takes time to answer any questions you might have and makes you feel comfortable. And his staff has been great as well I have never felt rushed and they are always very accommodating to your schedule. A+