African American Rhinoplasty with Dr. Rajendra Shah

I, like most patients, desired the procedure for...

I, like most patients, desired the procedure for years. My nose dominated my other features, even my mouth. I didn't want a European nose, just another African one. I consulted with Dr. Frank Madda, Tanjua Janveer, Dhavel Patel and Peter Johnson. They were all highly competent and kind practitioners, with an understanding of ethnic Rhinoplasty. I eventually consulted with Rajendra Shah, and immediately sensed he was the surgeon who would do my procedure. He had decades of experience and was the head of the plastic surgery department at a local reputable hospital. He was compassionate and understood what I wanted. He provided a computer simulated pic of my before and after. He also encouraged me to provide input about my esthetic goals. We agreed the nose should look as ethnically natural, as possible. I scheduled the surgery for 10/10/16. His coordinator and staff were genuinely compassionate, caring professionals, that walked me through the process. He removed the hump, did tip work, and reduced the alar base. I am happy with the initial results. African skin is generally thick, and swelling reduction will take months. I took arnica 30c pellets (16 per day), vitamin C tabs and pineapple juice prior to surgery and during the initial 7 day recovery period.

Quick Update

Hi, I just wanted to post a quick update. I attended my Three week post-op visit with Dr. Shah on 10/31/16. Everything is going well. No infections and some of the stitches dissolved.

I am not as congested. Cleaning the inside of my nostrils with 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water helped with alleviating congestion.

Nose was oily. I gently washed face and nose with mild cleanser and used benzoyl peroxide, which helped.

Much of the post-op pain is gone, still a little tender at the top and base of nose.

Not sure if there has been a change in the appearance of my nose since my last post, but I put up two new pics taken on 11/08/16.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rajendra Shah was awesome! He is highly competent and has excellent credentials. He has excellent bedside manner and is a compassionate surgeon. His medical follow up was great. He never rushed through the appointments and always encouraged me to ask questions. His office is staffed with competent and friendly professionals(assistants, nurses, coordinator) that go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I also appreciated his high sense of medical ethics and strict adherence to practice.