ouchhhhhhhhh! - Oak Brook, IL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had my procedure done on May 7th. The procedure...

I had my procedure done on May 7th. The procedure was uncomfortable and was happy when it was over, but overall not terrible. I had my belly and flanks done so I was there for three hours. The belly was the most painful as it pulled the area so hard I started to get cramoing similar to menstral cramps. When it was over I went to lunch and felt fine, just tired. I took a nap and went out that night.

The next morning I was fine, actually worked out. Rest of theday seemed fine. Monday was fine too. Tuesday morning I woke up and worked out. Later that day the pain started. I was hoping that I was one of the lucky ones as the 1st 3 days were fine. The 4th day it went downhill.

It is now May 14, (almost May 15th since I can't sleep). I have A LOT of pain. From the other posts I am reading it appears that it is normal and I pray that I am almost through the worst part. I have sharp pains especially around my belly button. That seemed to calm down today, but now it has gone to my lower belly. It is actually painful to touch. i keep looking at it because it feels SO inflamed, but it looks normal from the outside. So tommorrow will be day 9 and I hope the pain is less :((((.

I left work early on Friday as I work at a desk and sitting all day was very painful. Standing actually helps for some reason, so being active is actually not a problem other then wearing clothes around my belly is painful. I am very swollen too, especially today. I called the doctor and she feels this is normal. She actually had the procedure done as well and had the same symtoms. It really does feel like a sunburn and a throbbing pain.

I really really have hope that tomorrow I wake up, (if I can fall asleep) and I feel better. Even just a little decreased pain would help. it is difficult to understand what is causing the pain as it was noninvasive. I was considering doing lipo suction but was afraid of the surgery and recovery time. I am starting to think it may have been just as painful??

As far as safety I know that coolsculpting is the way to go, but I was really hoping for no downtime, but this really has put a big crimp in my last week. I obviously have no results yet, but hope to see some good things!! I think the pain has to be more normal than what the doctors say. I wish they were more upfront about the possibility of the intense pain for the week or so after. They act like it is a little bit of pinching. This is NOT true. The pain is really intense. I hope this paid was worth it. :)))) Keeping my fingers crossed xxxxx

Name not provided

I think overall everyting was good, I just don't think that the after effects for the week after were really explained well.

3 out of 5 stars Overall rating
3 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
3 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
2 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
3 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
2 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
2 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
3 out of 5 stars Payment process
4 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful