36 Year Old Wife and Mom - New York, NY

It's been a long and depressing journey being over...

It's been a long and depressing journey being over weight for almost 10 years. I was always active but life situation changed and getting to the gym is not possible. After seeing my photos from vacation in April , I saw how fat I became and I wasn't happy with myself. Also, my toddler keeps playing with my stomach, pushing it up and down, up and down; not good. I researched my options and I have selected the gastric sleeve. My surgery is scheduled for August 11th and I will be lying if I wasn't nervous. I am actually more nervous of the pre surgery diet, and the post op diet; just liquids (protein shakes). However, reading everyone's reviews have given me strength; keep posting. To be continued...........

Endoscopy

Had my endoscopy done yesterday evening. I was nervous because I was placed under general anesthesia. Unfortunately, my face is very sore and I decided to stay home from work today. Also, I found out that I have a small ulcer and I was given some medication for the ulcer. Hopefully, this will not interfere with my sleeve which is scheduled for 8/11/2015.

Liquid Pre Op diet

Alright folks here are my starting stats and where I am presently;
* Height 5'4
* Weight 256 ( prior to pre op diet)
* Weight 250 ( as of today, I start getting my mind and body prepared by juicing two weeks ago), I am on my second day of my liquid diet. Also, all my paper work was sent in for my pre approval, my husband is very excited that I have lost 6 pounds already. Pictures coming soon .......

6 AM 8/11/2015

Weight as of today; 248 lb. I received my confirmation call from the nurse confirming my arrival at the hospital at 6:00 am tomorrow. I will be first patient, I am nervous and I really dislike general anesthesia. I have received some positive and some negative support from friends and family members but I have the support from my husband. I want to get healthier for myself, so I can enjoy this beautiful earth and my family much longer without obesity complications.

Post op picture

I forgot to mention that my steristrips came off today, the nurse stated that it was fine. However, I do need to monitor the discharge color and smell.

Down! Down ! Down!

Hi folks, it is almost 1 month since my sleeve and as of today I am 225lbs. I am down 26lbs so far and my goal is to be under 200lb by November. I feel so great, I am fitting cloths that I haven't worn in over 5 years and new cloths that I can finally fit. Although, I have so much cloths with tags that are size M. Since the surgery I have stuck to my protein diet of soft foods and puree foods, but I must confess I just had a chicken wing; not fried and skin removed and I am full. Since starting my soft foods diet on my week 3 & 4 post op; I can't eat scrambled eggs. It doesn't taste the same and I don't digest it well. Also, I had a severe and I mean severe case of constipation. DON'T WANT TO EXPERIENCE THAT AGAIN EVER! I am much better now, getting my water in and staying active; I started hitting the gym last week; nothing to strenuous. I will upload my pictures soon.

Knuckle Down

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I update my weight lost journey. As of today, I came down 51 pounds since this journey started, from pre op to present. Unfortunately, I have hit a serious plateau and haven't lost any weight in several months. I eat my greens about 5 times a week but I honestly need to drink more water and exercise. My life has been more demanding this year and working out has been difficult but I do watch my food consumption. My colleagues are amazed of the weight lost ,but I am getting focus again to go down another 40 pounds, but will take somer serious work; hitting the gym. But, I see the change in my face and I can't believe that cloths that I bought over 10 years ago, can actually fit. I will tell anyone, just get back on track because after having this surgery you have to recondition your mind to change habits that you have done for many years. For me I am an emotional eater and now I focus that stress on listening to music; really really loud instead of grabbing chocolate bar. But, it is not easy, however it is attainable. Will try to upload pictures .
Manhattan Bariatric Surgeon

Currently, all my questions were answered by Dr. Ren. Also, my surgical coordinator is knowledgeable about all the necessary documents that are needed for pre certification.