Rhino in Nyc Oct 7th! New York City, NY

My Surgery is scheduled in 1.5 weeks. Have been...

My Surgery is scheduled in 1.5 weeks. Have been wanting this since I was a teen, now at 39 I am ready! My biggest fear is how my kids will react. They are 1.5 and 3.5. We are telling them I am visiting a cousin in the city for a few days. When I return a few days later with a cast and bruising we will say that I fell and hurt my nose. Any experience with this issue?

Day 5 and feeling great!!

Hi all, it's sings and I had surgery on Wednesday with dr pastorek . He and his staff have been so kind and thoughtful throughout th while process. Here are some pics.

Day 6

My nose feels really warm for some reason. The stitches are becoming really uncomfortable but tomorrow I get my cast off so I assume the stitches will be removed as well. Feeling worried that I will still be "unattractive" even after my nose is improved. Wondering if this is normal? I see so many imperfections. Maybe it's the swelling of my entire face? Anyway kids are out so I am taking an hour to try to text a bit. I haven't really taken the time to ice my eyes but from what i understand it's not all that helpful atbrhisbdtage. Any tips on diet and how to reduce swelling? I admit to having a Coke Zero here and there after the surgery although dr p said no caffeine for 2 weeks after.

Cast remival

Well I got my cast off today. Dr. Pastorek is at a conference in the Netherlands so his nurse removed the cast, gave me vitamin k cream, arnica pellets, and sat me under a healing lamp. She could not have been kinder and more supportive. I was so nervous I was barely able to look in the mirror. I am still not sure how I feel about my new nose. Honest and sincere input appreciated please. I am so nervous to enter back into my regular life. I have told people that I was getting my nose done but not looking forward to the scrutiny that comes with a reveal.

Day 8

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your kind words and support.. Both of my kids and I are getting sick so I didn't take any pics or respond to pm's. I will tomorrow. I can't tell you how amazing this community is ..

Day 8

I have the worst headache. I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or if it's from the rhinoplasty. Both my kids are sick so I'm hoping that's all it is. Feeling kind of swollen but I've had no issues seeing people in public. I'm actually pretty happy with my nose right now. Was not looking for something too small or perky.

Day 9

No more headache!! The bruise under my eye is almost gone. In taking 5 pellets of arnica 3x a day and putting vitamin k cream on it throughout the day as advised by dr. P's nurse. I notice that my tip is way projected and too perky for my taste but I'm just trusting the healing process. I have read that the tip does drop as the swelling subsides. I notice that the dr left a slight bump on my nose which I requested as I hate a perfectly straight profile. I still keep my cast taped on while at home.

Day 13

I have been a bit slack with the rules- I ate lots of bacon tonight, drank several diet cokes, and slept sideways on one pillow last night????. Regardless, I think the nose is looking pretty good.

Still swollen

Hi all. It's been a while since I've updated but again everyone is sick in the house. Anyway here are some more pictures. It's not quite three weeks since I've gotten my nose done. It still looks really swollen. I do drink a lot of diet Coke do you think I should cut down on that. Could that be the cause of the swelling?

Before

Here are some pictures taken by Dr Pastorek during my consultation.

Sinus infestion

I began antibiotics for a sinus infection today so hopefully these past two weeks of being sick will be done and over with. I spoke with the nurse at dr pastoreks office to make sure I could use afrin nasal spray- she said its fine. While I had her in the phone I asked if my nose could be extra swollen befcause of a sinus infection and she said " absolutely". So I'm waiting and watching to see some improvement in the swelling. Here are some pics from 3 days ago and today. I look like sh*t.

Profile looking good

Hi all. Not much to report. Just going to post the latest pics.