Dr. Rizk Left Me with a Deviated Mess - New York City, NY

I went to Dr. Rizk over 3 years ago for a...

I went to Dr. Rizk over 3 years ago for a rhinoplasty. I thought I had done my homework and chosen a good surgeon.

I don't know what went wrong, but I'm really not happy with the result. I saw 3 ENTs and they both said my left cartilage is collapsed, there's some nasal valve collapse and my septum is still extremely deviated. These ENTs have no reason to lie as they do not perform surgery. It's so depressing to even think about.

I wish I could go back in time and smack myself in the face.

Some aspects of the nose are okay... But the middle vault is an absolute wreck. The septum is completely deviated, I look like a different person from the left and right it's so asymmetric, my nose is completely lopsided, and I can't breathe (my sinuses are clear). It also looks 'nose jobish' from some angles. I'm embarassed and ashamed. It'll probably get worse with time.

All I want is a natural and straight nose at this point. I'll be speaking with Rizk next month and am going to ask that he do septal grafts (or some type of revision). He's been putting filler and steroid shots in my nose for the past few years. Every other doc agrees that there's a major structural problem that needs to be addressed.

I don't think Dr. Rizk is a bad surgeon, but something clearly went wrong. I'm mostly upset that he has not been more proactive with improving the septum. If 3 ENTs told me I need septal grafts I would assume Dr. Rizk has made the same observation.

My advice would be don't get a rhinoplasty unless you really need it.

His pricing is also outrageous. Please do your research and don't believe everything you read online.

2nd Revision*

What I didn't include in my original post was that Dr. Rizk already performed a revision on me... 1 year after my primary with him. I didn't even request it. He just suggested a revision on his own - that's how obviously bad the first nose was.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon