Wanted Fuller, More Defined, "I Woke Up Like This" Brows...

I found my artist through Yelp and her pictures...

I found my artist through Yelp and her pictures were great: very natural, soft but noticeable realistic hair strokes, and shaped to a T. I booked a free consultation with her where she spent almost 30 minutes shaping my brows with a ruler and filling them in to show me what kind of shape I could achieve. This was actually a big part of the reason why I chose to go with her--because she was willing to spend so much time with me just discussing what I wanted to do without even charging me or guaranteeing that I would return.

The main reasons I wanted to go through with the this procedure were because I wanted fuller brows that were more defined and to correct the even lengths of the ends. On the day of my procedure, my artist spent at least an hour just mapping out the shape of my brows and listening to my concerns. I showed her pictures of micro bladed brows that I did NOT want and kept reiterating that I did not want brows that looked always looked filled in. I wanted natural brows, basically brows that were mine but better. We decided to follow the shape of my natural brows and just extend the lengths a bit. When I went to ask for a longer tail by putting the ruler at the side of my nose and resting it at the end of my brow, she advised me that that would not achieve the natural look I was going for and instead look too filled in for me, so I needed her advice. She recommended a color that would match my natural brows best and rubbed a spot of it on my forehead. I didn't really have any objections over it, I trusted her judgment because through her Yelp pictures I could tell she's done work on a lot of girls of my ethnicity with similar eyebrow colors.

The numbing cream was applied for 20 minutes and off we went. The procedure was virtually painless. I have five tattoos, some in the most sensitive areas, and I was still shaking in my pants. But once she started I was laughing at myself at how scared I was. The whole procedure probably lasted 20-30 minutes and the entire appointment was 2.5 hours long.

My reaction when I saw my eyebrows immediately after the procedure: What the hell did she do to my face?!?!?! They were SO DARK. Midway through the procedure she stopped to let me inspect the progress of the work and I was so in love with the color and shape. But when we were all wrapped up, I looked like an Angry Bird. I immediately expressed to her that my brows were way darker than I thought it would be. She told me that within the next 3-4 weeks the color with fade, my brows will scab and heal, and it might take up to a month for my true color to show. This literally went through one ear and out the other. All I could see were these two dark dark lines on my face. I immediately regretted my decision. She gave me A&D ointment and standard aftercare instructions.

On days 1-3 my brows were still the same color, if not a tiny bit darker. I knew my coworkers noticed them but no one said anything. I was starting to get really embarrassed. I tried wearing big glasses and more eye make up to try and draw the attention away from my brows. Everyday I woke up I stared at my brows in the mirror and wanted to cry. How could I have spent hundreds of dollars of my hard earned money on this? I did not need this. My brows were fine. So I messaged my artist and asked why my brows were so dark and if there were options to lighten them ASAP and she reassured me that they will scab and fade and to wait for at least a month. It was during this time when I signed up for an account on here to read other micro blading reviews and search up options to lighten my brows immediately.

Day 4 was when the itching started. I'd kept my brows moisturized with the A&D appointment day and night and made sure not to touch it with water (even though at times it was unavoidable. I just blotted them dry quickly.) And then, something miraculous happened: they started to scab. The ends started first. Initially on my right brow I had no hair and no tail so she had to draw them in herself. I looked at myself everyday and saw these harsh dark lines and thought they looked so ugly and unnatural. After the stabbing peeled off, they actually look like tiny little hairs!

Day 5 they were extremely itchy and there was considerably more flaking. I'm on day 6 right now and I can tell you that the color is definitely fading more and more and I no longer look like Groucho Marx. I'm still going to wait a little longer to see the true color of my brows and will definitely be back for a touch up because on my ends scabbed off a little too much color. I no longer regret my decision! I do like the way I look now and I'm really excited to see myself in a month.

Progress pictures!

Here are some progress pictures I didn't upload in my original review. As you can see from the Day 6 pic, my brows lightened up considerably.
Please message me.

She was very attentive and skillful.