45-years Old, Stubborn Belly Fat - New York, NY

I have always tended to gain weight around my...

I have always tended to gain weight around my midsection, especially once I hit my 30's and 40's. After getting married last fall, I let up a bit on my food restrictions and exercise routine, and-BAM! 10 pounds in six months, 3" gains around both my hips and belly. So I thought coolsculpting would be a good way to jumpstart getting back into shape.
I went for my first session on April 30, two large applicators on my lower belly. The first ten minutes are just as others have described: odd, breathtaking, and quite uncomfortable. After that the area being cooled does get numb. During the first hour, I had another issue: the applicator was pressing up against my iliac crest (bony part of the hip). That actually caused pretty intense pain: everytime the vacuum would switch on, the pain would get bad enough I would be whimpering...then it might let up for a couple minutes. It didn't help that both the tv and internet were out at the office! Halfway through I took a tylenol 3 I'd brought with me "just in case." After that first hour, the second side was a piece of cake: placement was better, part of my belly was already numb, and they even got the tv/internet working!
I wore a waist cincher out of the office, ran a few errands, went to the gym and worked out that day. Only minor soreness. It is a bizarre feeling, my tummy was completely numb to light touch but if you poked it or pressed on it it was quite painful. (the waist cincher felt fine, though). I waited for the intense nerve pain I'd seen others describe but fortunately, it never really came. Sure, I got some weird pangs here and there, but the pain was over as quickly as it came on. (and really, it was more discomfort than pain.) Nothing interfered with my daily activities in any major way, aside from a few things I didn't want to attempt at the gym. Honestly, the most uncomfortable thing was tying my shoes! It's been ten days since my treatment. Most of my swelling has gone down, and I go back tomorrow to have my love handles done. I will post updates as I see progress.
I will say, I wore a waist cincher for much of the first week, and comfy clothes the first couple days, and I feel that may have helped me avoid some of the pain others have encountered.

Second Session, May 11

For the second session, I had two Coolcurve applicators placed on my love/handles. they felt like nothing after the Coolmax...if it weren't for the slight bruising, I would have thought they never even turned the machine on! No pain, no soreness, not even tender to the touch.
However, after I got home, I became concerned about the placement of the applicators...not only did they look lower than I would have liked, they were also slightly uneven. I returned to the office where they told me their practice is to grab where the most fat is, and the fat will redistribute, so that my waist will slim out even though the applicators were on my hips. I am a little skeptical, but taking a "wait and see" approach. I really hope I didn't just waste $1200 on that session!

The girls in the office were very nice, Bouchra seemed to know what she was doing, and had had it done herself. The applicator was placed perfectly on my belly for the first session, although I am a bit concerned about the placement during the second session...I will know once I see results!