43 Years Old, 3 Kids, Silicone Implant Rupture - New York

11 years ago I decided to get implants, at that...

11 years ago I decided to get implants, at that time the other option was saline implants. My doctor insert the implants through my armpits and the recovery was very painful. After a while one of my implants capsulated and my surgeon did a second surgery to change the implant, my second complication was one of the saline implants ruptured. I had a third surgery and this time my doctor recommended silicone implants because there was less risk of the implants rupturing. That last surgery was 9 years ago. Now after a routing mammogram they told me that one of my silicone implants might be ruptured. I had am MRI that confirmed it, last week I went to see my plastic surgeon and he told me that both of my breasts implants have capsulated, besides the rupture problem. I have been experiencing so much pain under my right arm and also my arm, shoulders. I thought the pain was caused by the silicone leaking into my lymph nodes, but according to my doctors is because of the hardening of my implants. He has given me medicine to prevent more hardening. I have been very upset about my situation because I cannot longer afford this surgeon and he wants to do a special procedure that I will not trust anyone else to do to prevent capsulation if I get new implants. Today while I was taking a shower I started thinking what if I just have the implants removed? It seems like my body tends to make the implants capsulate. I do not want to deal with this again in the future, but I am very scared of how this can affect me emotionally. I do not do deal well with stress and I have suffered from depression in the past. I have read a few of the stories here and saw some pictures and it has given me a little bit of hope that it won't be too terrible and my breast will not look so horrible after the implants are removed. I still don't have a surgeon, I want to find someone who is in my health insurance network so at least part of the surgery can be covered. This is not an easy decision because I like my breasts with the implants and I will not be doing it because I don't like them anymore but more for health and practical reasons. I am looking for support and advice from people who might have experienced similar situations.

Fat Transfer Surgery

I have a date for my implants explant and fat transfer surgery, it will be on 6/24. I am currently wearing brava and I must admit it is not a pleasant process. I have to keep them on for 6 hours every day for 3 weeks I even have to wear them to the OR. I chose Dr. Daniel Del Vecchio as my surgeon because he was highly recommended by another plastic surgeon who is a friend of the family. I also chose him because he's considered an expert in this kind of procedure. His Ivy League education and training is also a plus. During my interactions with him I can tell he's very anal and perfectionist and those are the most important traits for me. I am doing everything I can for this surgery to be successful and never have to worry again. I am done with implants and I am very hopeful this will be the best solution for me. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for all the support and comments.

Surgery Day

The day has come and I am very nervous! We drove from NYC yesterday for my pre operative appointment and Dr Del Vecchio told me I did a good job expanding my breast tissue with the brava system. It was such a relief because I would have been so upset to go through such ordeal for nothing. I have to wear the brava until they take me to the OR I cannot wait to say good bye to this torturing device. I got horrible blisters on my breasts but my coach at brava was amazing telling me how to take care of the problem and now they are almost healed. I have a lot of confidence in Dr Del Vecchio because he was highly recommended by another Dr who is a family friend. I can't wait to say good bye to these implants, they have given me so much headaches, three surgeries, capsular contractions, ruptures I am done with implants and I am so grateful that I was a good candidate for the fat transfer procedure. My boyfriend is with me, he has been so supportive since day one coming to all the appointments with me, asking questions giving me encouragement and making this experience so much easier. It is 6:25 am and I put the brava already for the last time we have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am. I will post again as soon as I can after my surgery.

Fat transfer surgery with Dr Del Vecchio

I had fat transfer surgery last summer with Dr Del Vecchio, during my surgery I was burned with the liposuction instrument. I sustained a third degree burn on my inner tight as a result of negligence and I still have a permanent scar a year later, he also told me that the risk of getting scar tissue in my breast was very low, guess what I have a lot of it on my right breast and now I need to have mammograms done every six months. This Doctor never told me about my burn and I had to discover it days later and I ended up in the ER he is the most uncaring and careless Doctor I have ever met in my life and I work in a medical center. Please read the reviews online about him before you decide to trust him with your life. I was deceived by him and I suffered a great deal because of his negligence. I apologize for how grotesque these pictures are but I would hate for anybody to suffer like I have.
New York Plastic Surgeon