Severe Gynecomastia after 15 years - Novato, CA

I have dealt with gynecomastia for most of my life...

I have dealt with gynecomastia for most of my life. It started with a knot that I had under my nipple which was sore when I was in the 4th grade. I was told that this would pass as it was a part of growing up, over a period of months over side of my chest was clearly larger than the other side. Unfortunately after all this had occurred I began to gain a lot of weight I was like most with this condition embarrassed to take off my shirt. In high school I started wearing under armor in hopes no one would notice that I hate titties it was embarrassing by then I only weighed 180 and I was 5'11 so I wasn't huge or anything I just had boobs. I thought about this surgery over and over again but was freaked out about scarring then I found dr. Delgado which it Seems he specialize in minimal scarring so I booked and now I'm counting down the days I also decided to throw in lipo of the flanks because I workout everyday and they don't seem to go anywhere. :-)

It's almost time!

So it's only a few days before surgery and I've began taking my new vitamin in combinations with the previous one (started 2 week before surgery) so the first vitamin i started was the vitamedica morning and evening. Now i started the bromelain these vitamins are to help reduce inflammation and thing during and after surgery. I'm super anxious my flight leaves early monday morning and I'm counting down the days!

Today is the day

So I made it in town yesterday and the location but is perfect for healing everyone at the hotel is they sent up extra pillows and thing I will need. I took my last vitamins and started my hibiclens wash last night along with my antinausea and antibiotic preparing to repeat the same process and off to surgery. I'll keep you guys posted!

Made it out

Made it out of surgery feeling great! Doctor Delgado removed a crap load of glandular tissue, it didn't seem I have much fat but I figured. So far feeling good I'll keep you all posted

Drains are being removed

So later on today I get my drains removed. The pain is not that bad but sleeping on. 70-90 degree angle can be a little challenging especially because I can't use my arms to adjust my position. There is burning from time to time under my arms and I believe it's due to sweat and my drains being placed under there. I am up every hour or so using the restroom but overall everything isn't too bad. Here is a pic of the vest and drains the day after surgery

Drains are out

The drains were removed yesterday and the sutures were removed Today I am good to go home. The drains were painful when they were being Removed I thought I was going to cry!

here's the pic

This is the day of drain removal 2 days post-op. So far so good Dr. Delgado don't think I will need the second stage to this procedure but time will tell.

7 weeks post op

Nipple pigment is slowly returning, well faster than the expected time. Every now and then I notice swelling but it's but better. I started working out last week so that is great especially because i feel that all I have been doing is gaining fat!

almost 3 months post op

So it's been a while since I last posted. Everything is healing well pigment is almost completely returned on my nipple, I still get a little swollen under the breast. I'm loving it exercising regularly although I've slacked a little this week I will be returning to my normal 6 meals and workout daily!
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

I love the whole staff when coming to the office everyone was soo welcoming it felt like they were family you hadn't seen in a long time. More importantly the care is great dr. Delgado delivered on everything he said he would, thanks!