Mesh Repair After Stitch Abscess Post Abdominoplasty

In April 2016, I underwent a full abdominoplasty...

In April 2016, I underwent a full abdominoplasty by another surgeon. After a few weeks, I developed a mass in my upper abdomen. My original surgeon attributed it to scar tissue that would resolve itself in a year’s time. After months of pain and discomfort, my OBGYN showed concern and referred me to Dr. Dumanian. Dr. Dumanian knew within seconds of my consult that I had a suture abscess. He did everything possible to avoid surgery (including meeting me early on a Saturday morning to drain my abscess for the second time that week). Unfortunately, surgery was the way to go, and as scared as I was, it was the right thing to do. I was prepared for the worst, but the outcome could not have been better.
Now, I am 3 weeks post op. While I’m still sore, I am in better shape than I was 3 months post op of the original surgery. Dr. Dumanian is kind, responsive. trustworthy, candid, caring and so modest. He goes above and beyond anything I have ever encountered with any doctor-it should not go unnoticed.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

There is no better surgeon than Greg Dumanian, even if he tells you there is. He is generous with his time, never rushing and ALWAYS available to answer questions. His work is impeccable as is his bedside manner. Having come off a bad plastic surgery experience, Dr. Dumanian has redefined for me what it means to be a surgeon and why someone enters the field in the first place as evidenced by his research and passion to help his patients.