Drooping Eye Was Driving Me Nuts! - Marietta, GA

I am a 61 yr. old who's left eye was driving me...

I am a 61 yr. old who's left eye was driving me nuts! My eyes have drooped for several years, but over the past year the left eye became significantly worse than the right eye, and was actually sitting on my eye lashes. That was a very 'weird' sensation, and it was driving me nuts! (I even found myself subconsciously hold my brow up on that side while reading.)

I saw an eye surgeon to see if a blepharoplasty would resolve this, and was told that it was actually my brow that was sagging (causing the majority of the problem). Dr. Long referred me to Dr. Antunes, who could not have been any nicer! Dr. Antunes explained to me what my problem was, what could be done to correct it, and what the outcome would most likely be. He also coordinated the surgery with Dr. Long, who performed the blepharoplasty in conjunction with the brow lift.

Recovery took about 2 weeks (I went back to work about 11/2 weeks after the surgery). In fact, I only needed the prescription meds for the first 3 days...after that Advil kept my pain at a tolerable level. I am now 7 weeks post-surgery, and other than some residual numbness and mild pain from the endotine implant (which should dissolve over time), I am feeling great!

I am so pleased with the outcome of the surgery. I can actually see my left eyelid for the first time in decades, and my wrinkles on my forehead are now gone. I have had numerous compliments on how much younger I look. In fact, at a recent doctor's appointment, the nurse came into the room, looked at my chart and then walked towards me to take my blood pressure. She stopped for a minute, walked back to my chart, and then asked me to verify my birth date. When I told her the date she looked back at me and said that she just wanted to make sure their records were correct...that I did not look even close to my age. Couldn't ask for a better compliment!

Lori S.
Marietta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Antunes is awesome! He spent plenty of time with me explaining the procedure, answering my questions, and telephone follow-ups following the surgery. He has great bedside manners and made me feel completely comfortable about my surgery. AND he did an awesome job on my surgery. I couldn't be happier!!!