Facelift, Upper Bleph and Chin Lipo

I wanted to contribute to a wonderful community...

I wanted to contribute to a wonderful community that gave me the information the courage and guidance to achieve something that was frankly VERY difficult on all levels - emotional, physical and mental .

My motivations were pure vanity I'll put that upfront . At 42, it became apparent that I was not at all comfortable with the now visible signs of aging in my face. I wanted to stop the clock as soon as possible. I had spent a great deal of time researching and interviewing doctors for what I thought would be a Liposuction procedure for stubborn fat that always persisted under my chin. I thought this would also address the slight jowling that was beginning to develop. It wasn't until consult # 3 informed me that lipo alone would not address this issue and that I would be looking at a facelift. It seemed drastic to me at first but further research led me to understand that this was indeed what I would require. After much deliberation what contributed most to my decision to move forward with that I would get a 10 - 15 year ride off of these results accompanied by an upper bleph.

I will not rehash all of the pre-operative and immediate post op experiences as there is plenty of that available. I would like to instead share where I am now 2 1/2 months post op.

Before and after pix and musings

Before and after pix of problem areas. Very pleased with eyes as I had no visible eyelids previously.

At 2.5 months:
-Still have very slight discomfort when sleeping on side of my face
-lots of itching on cheeks and in ears
-85% sensitivity has returned. I hope this continues to improve, but it would be an acceptable trade off if it didn't
-scars on eyelids and ears sometimes have a very slight discomfort or soreness. I wouldn't necessarily use the word pain.
-scar under chin from lipo is still too noticeable for my satisfaction- doc says it will continue to diminish and I have and am still using the silicone gel
-ear, temple and eye scars are virtually unnoticeable

More before and Afters

Geroulis

Top notch! He is the doctor that teaches other doctors.