Bad Outcome with Fraxel -permanent Hypopigmentation - Ashburn, VA

I had a series of Fraxel treatments (total 3)...

I had a series of Fraxel treatments (total 3) starting in 2013. Last treatment January 2014. My treatments we're through the the fall/winter so there was no sun exposure post procedures. To be honest, I really didn't need them, I was just being vain and trying to be proactive in preventing wrinkle formation and smoothing my skin from acne hyperpigmenation. A registered nurse performed my treatment at a plastic surgeons office and had done the procedure for a few years. I will mention the treatments cause me to break out (hundreds of very tiny acne) so bad that I took an antibiotic (minocycine) but that actually did not help either. It was really bad!!! She said she hadn't seen anything like it. I do believe I had some burns also. I did NOT pick at my skin. I am religious with sunscreen use since my procedure and always wear a hat if I am outside more than 10 minutes.

About 3 months after my treatment, I was vacationing in Mexico (with sunscreen) but my hat blew off will on a boat in the water and I was left with exposure to the sun. When I got back that day I noticed my face was tanned but also left with white spots most notably on my forehead and then my cheeks. More than 2 years later, they have never gone away and have only gotten worse! I am now 33 and feel I am stuck in this horrible skin for the rest of my life and it is only going to get worse! I have to wear thick, waterproof foundation and reapply through the day because the spots come out after a 2 or 3 hours after foundation application.

I have read that more Fraxel may help this problem but as you can imagine I am completely apprehensive. Any doctors suggestions are welcome to what I can do. If it was anywhere else on my body I don't think it would be as upset but it is my FACE!!
I think this procedure has aged my tremendously. I would advise EXTREME caution with this procedure as this has left me permanently disfigured.
Ashburn General Surgeon

Dr. Mountcastle's registered nurse. I am not sure who to blame, the procedure itself or the person that performed the Fraxel. The overall rating was bad d/t the procedure itself. I had no issues with the office, everyone was fine. The RN was very nice. I just want to caution everyone about the procedure itself.