Northeast Dermatology: Stop Sweating Columbus Changed my Life!! - Gahanna, Ohio

I was most interested in miraDry to eliminate...

I was most interested in miraDry to eliminate sweating in my underarms. I have always been a fairly heavy sweater in general and especially in my underarms. I “pit out” every single day at work and it’s at times quite embarrassing. I recently had an incident where I sweat all the way through my undershirt, dress shirt, and suit jacket, which was the tipping point for me to seriously consider the procedure. I have tried other methods for stopping or masking my underarm sweat. At first I put deodorant on twice a day and that didn’t work. Next I bought a more expensive over the counter deodorant which only slightly helped the problem. More recently I’ve had to do everything possible to cool down, especially after working out, to avoid sweating. All of the things I tried in the past were either expensive, time consuming, or inconvenient. When I heard about the procedure I did have a few initial concerns about the procedure. My biggest concern was that any pain or swelling that I might have after the procedure would keep me out of the gym for a significant period of time. I’m also generally hesitant to have any sort of procedure as I typically have a phobia of needles. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The numbing process was short and I experienced minimal pain – a few needle pokes. Once my underarms were numb, the laser process itself did not hurt at all. The only slightly uncomfortable part of the procedure was having to hold my arm above my head for so long and even that part was partially alleviated once we figured out how to support my arm from behind. Since my procedure, I have not worn deodorant once since miraDry which has been awesome! No more deodorant streaks on my t-shirts! I’ve also not sweat a single drop while at work which has been so nice and relieving. Even when working out and sweating quite profusely, I’ve noticed minimal underarm sweat and certainly no odor from my underarms. I would absolutely recommend this treatment to friends and family! The long term benefits far outweigh a few days of needing to ice your underarms and avoid excessive exercise.
Kaitlin Schupp, PA-C

Kaitlin was wonderful. She made sure I was comfortable the entire time.