Enlarged Jaw Line (Mandible Reduction) - Cosmetic and Physical Benefits! - Northbrook, IL

From my initial consultation to the day of surgery...

From my initial consultation to the day of surgery to my follow up visit a year later, I have nothing but praise for Dr. Byun and his staff.

I went to Dr. Byun to see if he could perform a procedure to correct my enlarged jaw line (called mandible reduction). Not only did I want a slimmer jaw line that was more proportional to the rest of my facial features, but I was hoping the procedure would relieve the tension and discomfort that I regularly felt in my jaw. Dr. Byun was able to perform the procedure by shaving off both bone and muscle from both sides of my jaw. The results are absolutely remarkable. Not only was he able to achieve the slimmer, more proportional facial appearance that I desired, but the tension in my jaw has disappeared. I have continued to see Dr. Byun about every six months for Botox injections in the jaw muscles in order to help prevent and weaken re-growth of these muscles.

Recovery took about three weeks in order to go back to my daily routine. However, final results were not achieved until several months later after the surgery (as it took time for the swelling to go down). People that were unaware that I had the surgery thought that I had lost weight.

I felt very discouraged before seeing Dr. Byun. I went to a number of different cosmetic surgeons, and none were experienced or felt comfortable enough to perform the procedure. I only wish that Dr. Byun was the first visit on my list. I also wish that this was a more publicized procedure.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Byun to anyone considering surgery of the mandible or any cosmetic procedure. I felt very comfortable talking with Dr. Byun; he takes the time to address all of your concerns and questions. Words cannot express my gratitude to Dr. Byun; I cannot help but smile every morning when I look at myself in the mirror. For me, Dr. Byun achieved the appearance that I otherwise thought was impossible.