39 Year Old Male - 1 CoolSculpting Treatment on Lower Abs

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Felt obligated to write this review since I...

Felt obligated to write this review since I referenced this sight so much when deciding whether to have this procedure. I'm a 39 year old male. I am very health conscious, active and, objectively speaking, in above average shape for my age. My lower abs have always bothered me. I've always felt that I could not get rid of that spare tire look regardless of my body fat % and focus on core workouts.
I had one treatment done on my lower abs at a local Ideal Image. At my consultation I was told that I was a very good candidate, will be pleased with my results and will require only one treatment. The service I received was top notch and very professional from beginning to end. They have followed-up with me regularly, and I believe I am due for an in-person check-up in another week or two.
Overall the treatment was very quick and easy. They used the newer applicators. I believe it took a little over a half hour on each side of my lower abs. (They did one side at a time due to the overlapping footprint of the applicator.) The frozen "stick of butter" effect after they remove the applicator is definitely weird. Slightly painful when they massage the area, but far from intolerable. Very mild discomfort for the first day or two, but I never felt it necessary to take medication. The technician informed me my stomach would be numb for 2-3 weeks. It was. That was also weird. Just unusual, not painful or uncomfortable. I was fine returning to work immediately following the procedure and went to the gym on day 2 without a problem.
Results? I posted pictures below at 5 1/2 weeks. I think an improvement is starting to show. I expect results to continue for the another 6-10 weeks, and I'm holding out until the 16 week mark for a final verdict. For $1.5k I'm hoping for a decisive reduction in that area.
I hope this is helpful to anyone considering CoolSculpting and happy to answer any questions regarding my experience. I will post an update in about 6 weeks.
Ideal Image

Consultation was very informative. I was provided with a detailed overview of the procedure, costs and expectations. Office and treatment room was clean and comfortable. Service during consultation and treatment was very professional.