Breast Reconstruction Following Double Mastectomy - North Bethesda, MD

I decided to have a double mastectomy after I...

I decided to have a double mastectomy after I found out that I am positive for the BRCA2 mutation, which puts me at a high lifetime risk for breast and ovarian cancer. I wanted to have breast reconstruction because I thought I would feel more like myself and have more confidence. I needed to find out more about the different types of breast reconstruction and what my best options were.
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kulkarni was highly recommended to me by the team of doctors and professionals that I consulted with regarding my BRCA2 genetic mutation. Still I checked out her bio online and was astounded by all of her accomplishments. I was able to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kulkarni just a week after I received my diagnosis. I liked her immediately! She met with me on time and was very friendly and easy to talk with. She answered my numerous questions and I could tell right away that she was both a knowledgeable and highly skilled surgeon. She recommended working with the general breast surgeon and starting my reconstruction right away with expanders and later putting in permanent implants. I decided that I definitely wanted to work with her! Dr. Kulkarni did an excellent job with my reconstruction and it was always a pleasure to visit her and the staff at the follow-ups. I especially appreciated how well Nurse Kelly took care of me at each of my follow-up appointments. They both took the time to answer any new questions or concerns and I never felt like they were trying to rush me out. Everyone at the practice promptly and professionally returned any calls or emails from me. It did not surprise me when I discovered a few weeks ago that Dr. Kulkarni is one of the elite Washingtonian's Top Doctors of 2016.