Thick Thighs NO MORE! - Norcross, GA

After much thought I decided to proceed with...

After much thought I decided to proceed with liposuction on my thighs. I'm not new at this...had liposuction 10 years ago on my back/bar line and arms. I learned a lot from that procedure: 1. Post op care will ultimately determine your results. 2. The fat can come back if you don't change your lifestyle. 3. Wear your compression garment!!! So, with that said I've prepared as much as possible. I've also scheduled Lymphatic Drainage Sessions with The Wellness Sanctuary Inc.

I promise to post weekly and track this journey!

Day of Surgery

I arrived a few mins late at 9:05. Finished signing all docs which too another 5 mins. Paid the remainder of the balance and waited to be called back. At 9:30am the nurse took me to the room where I did the consult. She took my vital and weigh, had me take some sedatives, then gave me socks, a hair net, panties and a robe. After I changed she took me to the surgical room to lay down.

Dr came in marked me up and began administering the anesthesia. They use tiny needles with multiple holes the shoot out the medicine. This procedure hurts at times but bearable. Once complete, you lay there for an hour to allow the medicine to numb your areas.

Surgery began at 1:50pm and ended at 3:50pm. They took about 3 liters of fat from both thighs.

At times I fell asleep, but remained very relaxed when I was awake. Dr. Sotomayor was very nice and easy to talk to. During the surgery we discussed politics, family, favorite songs, getting married. He even sang to me and I must admit...he's not that bad.

Cindy was a sweetheart the entire time from getting me changed at the beginning to applying my dressing after the procedure. Very gentle and nice.

The first night

Oh my!!! I was not expecting this to be so rough. After a light dinner I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at midnight. My husband was trying to help me get upstairs to bed, but as soon as I stood up I started draining and my thighs were super painful. I immediately asked for my hydrocodone. Then I started feeling light headed. My hubby famed we while I sat for a min.

After making it to bed I realized I was going to have two challenges throughout the night. 1. Getting confortable enough to fall asleep. 2. Peeing! This garment is the worst!!! So hopefully today I'll get a
P-EZ to make peeing a little easier (and less messy).
Dr. Gerardo Sotomayor, MD

Dr. Gerardo Sotomayor is a great doctor! He took his time to care for me and the results I wanted. During the procedure helped keep me calm and relaxed. We had great conversations about his family and medical practice. I do have to call and schedule my own post opt appointment, but besides that the staff is very responsive and helpful. The call the day before surgery answered any questions and reminded me that I should have my prescriptions. Great staff, great doctor!