BBL Round 2 - Newport News, VA

Okay, so I had my BBL on 8/22/13. I'm now 4 mths...

Okay, so I had my BBL on 8/22/13. I'm now 4 mths out and I'm still so unhappy with the results. I have also seen my PS and he agreed there was room for improvement and will do a revision. My only concern at this point is that he still is not listening to what I want. PS stated that he know wants to remove some of the fat that he injected into the top of my buttocks (shelf and hips) and add it to the lower portion (cheek) area (pics above). I asked if he could just use fat from my upper back and add more to my hips and cheeks to even it out. His response is that the fat will not live in the hips. I have seen this done on many Pt's on this site and others, so I am concerned that he just doesn't know how to do it. Should I get the revision or leave mediocre alone?

4 month pic update

So I have been reading all of the comments and I'm glad it wasn't just me and my exceptions being too high. I though there was little to no change and now I'm convinced the job was totally botched. I sad b/c the P/S is so nice. but I should have known better. Anyway, I forgot to add the last set of updated before and after collage from the p/s office to show the final results now that I am totally healed. I definitely need a re-do.

Good morning RS participants, wanted to update my current situation. I went to see my PCP today and spoke to him about my PS, and what actions to take. First, let me start by stating that I have been seeing my PCP for about 10yrs now and we have a down-to-earth Dr./Pt relationship. He also sees my husband, and we frequently call him in the office for unrelated questions pertaining to health. So this gives you a background on my family’s relationship with our PCP. He first agreed that the shape of my buttock was not "aesthetically" pleasing and that a revision "IS" in order. I let him know my concerns about how my PS wanted to go about the revision and these are the tips he gave me: He said 1) no need trying to get a refund if that was your plan; the PS has already spent the money. 2) Go in and really talk to him about what you want and don’t want to happen with the revision and see if the PS is comfortable with it. (The PS will only do what he is comfortable with). 3) See if for a little extra than the revision costs (‘free’ except for anesthesia fees) if he is willing to lipo additional areas and add that fat to the revision in the wanted areas. My PCP stated that the PS would most likely agree and have no issues on obliging you request, and it’s cheaper than spend thousands of dollars somewhere else with no guarantees. Pretty sound advice I would think. I plan to give this a try and see how things turn out. I will keep you guys posted.

Second Consult with Dr. Z on Tues. to discuss revision!

Okay, so I have my follow-up with Dr. Z on Tuesday. this time around I bringing and arsenal of wish pics and asking more specific questions about the results I want. As I told you guys a few weeks ago I discussed my concerns with my PCP who is a genuinely good person to talk to as well as my Dr. He told me to go in with all of my revision concerns and show the Dr. exactly what I want and where. He also told me that if I wanted a refund I probably would have no such luck b/c as a Dr. he knows that money was already spent. My Dr. say I should ask for what I want and offer a few extra hundred dollars to get it. Good advice and I hope it will work. As I said Dr. Z is very nice and for all intents and purposes a very good and professional physician. I just think that he has not done enough BBL to be proficient. Well he is gonna have to test his surgical skills on me cause I think he can do it ;-) I'll keep you guys posted, oh and here is some of the pics I'm taking.

Revision is next week 3/3/14 !!!!!

I'm ready, excited, nervous, and anxious. I haven't been posting because Ive been recuperating from a small tear in my left rotator cuff. I had to push my surgery back twice and I been out of work for over two months. My shoulder didn't require surgery, just PT 2days a week, I am also on light duty but when you have a profession like mine there is no such thing. I am just grateful for a wonderful manager and people who respect my skill well enough to allow me to help out in other areas while I'm healing . Anyway, on to the exciting part. This time around I am confident my PS is going to hook me up and give me the butt i NEED. I am aware that I am going to have some loose skin, PS told me I needed a tummy tuck but I can't take having that scar right now. I told him maybe in 10-15 yrs. I would come back. So later, I will post some before and afters after my surgery. Also if anyone can tell me haw to make that pillow to sleep on my back that would be great. I saw one RS member post some pics of her supplies and she had a piece of foam jimmy-rigged so her butt was opened and she was able to sleep on her back. I NEED THAT ASAP! Help me if you can or know some other ideas.
Newport News Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Z is very nice, and seems like a very competent physician. I am however concerned with him being a novitiate at the procedure and what I want to call his lack of knowledge on African-American body-type or shape.