African American Female- Wide Nose.Something Subtle.

Hey guys, So my parents are from Africa which...

Hey guys,
So my parents are from Africa which means I have your typical West African features. I love them... and it took me a while to love them especially living in West LA my entire life. Anyway, long story short, I just wanted my nose narrowed in the smallest way possible. I did not really consider doing this until this year... I got my masters and wanted to give myself a gift! I thought why not a minor nose adjustment lol. Anyway, I went to a few consults in BHills and I was really nervous and excited. They were celebrity doctors. I went in, and I was surprised at what they all said. They were talking about changing my bridge, the bulbous region and even threw in a surprise jaw implant. I never thought I needed a jaw implant? Or? Did I? I did not like how they had me questioning my overall appearance (personal opinion). SO, I kept on searching. I stumbled upon this great website and was searching for doctors who preformed natural magic on African-American noses. I came across Dr. Sajjadian and his work on this one pretty black girl. She looked amazing! You can find her review on here. So, I went in for my consult and we had concluded on 3 possible procedures. He was really nice, let me talk about what I did not like, and told me what would look best and natural without any kind of jaw anything. He was also very interactive and you can tell her is really into precision and what would look best on YOU. In fact, he even mentioned that having a jaw implant was unnecessary. Anyway ,I chose just a simple alar base. I didn't want to change my entire nose just because my dad said if I did he wouldn't pay for it LOL. Anyway long story short I went along with the alar base reduction and I love it. It is EXTREMELY SUBTLE which is exactly what I wanted. Was it pricey? Yes Duh. Did my dad end up paying for it? No LOL :(. But I'm on a payment plan and I am extremely happy with my results! Yay!!! If you have any questions or wanna see more pics just comment! Yay. Currently 7 days post op.

Post Op day 7

one month update.

Scars almost gone. Stitches finally fell out. I can finally start wearing make up. This is a picture of me with light under eye concealer and some mascara.

one month update

full face make up

here's a pic of me in Miami with full face make up.

Update: Almost 3 months now

Hey guys

Nose fully healed. I've been using mederma to reduce scarring. I am the queen of scarring and I knew that going into the procedure so I was not surprised with the fact that I would have to be using mederma. I use concealer when I go out so it is not a big deal. Anyway, I still love my nose and no one can tell which this the best part. My West African features have still been preserved and my nose is still big but better. Yay.

3 month update

Another before picture

Here is another before picture. As you can see my nose flared out. I wanted it brought in in the smallest way possible. I did not want my bridge or overall widened feature to disappear so those remained untouched. The procedure was called alar base reduction

Zoom in 3 month Update

Front facing pic of my nose zoomed in. You can see minor scarring on the corners of my alar areas ( Idk if thats the correct term lol) I use mederma every night
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

I had a great experience with him. He listens which to me is the MOST IMPORTANT. He also tells you the truth on what would look unnatural versus natural. The front office is also really nice and welcoming!