The Best Surgeon in Southern California! Newport Beach, CA

I am a 39 year old woman who used to hate my lower...

I am a 39 year old woman who used to hate my lower face. Through an unfortunate combination of genetics, I inherited my mother's cheeks and father's strong jawline. Each one individually would have been fine, but having them both has always made me feel that my lower face was much heavier and out of proportion with the rest of my face. At almost 40 I decided there had to be an answer. Through many hours of research and consultations with 4 other highly skilled and well recommended cosmetic surgeons I finally found Dr. Horowitz. His skill, kindness, and expertise has changed my life for the better.
The first step was for me to review his pictures on the website and read his reviews. I was so pleased to see that he is a pioneer in the creation of the litelift which is a horizontal lift and appeared to be exactly what I felt I needed. On his website he had a wide range of ages for his litelift patients. I realized that at not quite 40 I am quite young for this procedure, and while my age certainly has not helped things, it is not primarily why I had an issue with my appearance. The other surgeons I consulted told me that I was too young and needed to wait another 10 years, or did not offer the horizontal lifting my face needed. Dr. Horowitz did not dismiss me based on my age and took the time to listen closely to my concerns and offer a solution that was exactly what I felt I needed. I appreciate his professionalism and he is just an all around great person. He is the kind of person that is really trustworthy for such an important life decision. Oh, and the price was less than I thought it would be - a huge bonus! I adore Stephanie who was also involved in the consultation. She was honest, kind, and I felt really heard. I was so confident in Horowitz and his staff that I booked the appointment the next day.

The staffing and location couldn't be better. Every person who I have come across there is warm, kind, beautiful, and offered any kind of emotional support I needed. The office itself is extremely beautiful and a calming place to spend time. I even came to my pre-op appointment about 20 minutes early and they were having a staff meeting. Dr. Horowitz saw me and made sure someone came to check me in and take care of me even though I was early and interrupting the meeting a bit. Oh, and at every appointment I arrive early and they get me right in! Talk about 5 star service!

I followed the pre and post of directions exactly as instructed. The directions were extremely detailed and they did an excellent job making me feel very prepared and have every detail needed from start to finish. I really feel that has greatly helped me in my recovery and minimal bruising and swelling.

Prior to the procedure I was not nervous in the slightest. I had been through enough consultations and lengthy hours of research that I knew it was the right decision - and I couldn't have been more correct.
The day of the procedure was very exciting. My husband dropped me off and picked me up - he was also extremely impressed with the Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery and Dr. Horowitz. Carly, the amazing nurse calmed any questions I had and made me even more comfortable and peaceful prior to the procedure. I did the in-office option rather than using a general. They wheeled me in and it was go time! I was so excited even in my drowsy state! I had a mini lift/lite lift and liposuction under my jawline.

After the procedure I don't remember much due to my drowsiness, but my husband exclaimed that he thought I looked 20 already! The final result is not quite that young, but has easily shaved off 10 years and people tend to ask my age now because they are not quite sure. As a matter of fact I was carded TWICE shortly after the procedure by people working at the grocery store that I shop at every week. It was genuine and awesome. Now I may not look 21, but young enough to ask. That hasn't happened to me in a decade.

The recovery was significantly easier than I would have imagined. The first week I just got to relax and heal and it was like a mini vacation. I had very minimal pain, although there was swelling. I easily took care of my 5 year old, did laundry and light housework, and cooked dinner. It was a great little R&R week where I got to watch shows and read. I went back to work literally 7 days later and it was no problem at all. I did have a bruise on my neck, but it was super easy to cover, and it is amazing that people really do not pay that much attention to the details of things like that. As a matter of fact I had a huge public event that Thursday, so a week and 3 days after, and I had tons of energy and no problem showing my face to a huge group. I was receiving a ton of compliments on my hair, skin, and clothing. People knew I looked good, but could not pinpoint why. Dr. Horowitz does an amazingly naturally lift that is harmonious with each person's individual face. I do still have scars on my ears and behind them (but I'm only 2 months out) and its completely normal, so I had to adjust to wearing my hair down, but for the first time in AGES I finally felt that I looked good with my hair down. I was concerned people might notice the scaring if the wind blew my hair from my ears - but the scars were easy to cover with my under eye concealer and again, it is amazing what people don't pay attention to. I had swelling for a few weeks that sometimes tingled, but any slight pain was combated with the medication, and honestly, just a single tylenol. Now there is still a little numbness around my ears, but it has greatly improved and that is normal at this point and is not an issue in the slightest.

I did have a tougher time recovering emotionally - it had nothing to do with how I felt about how I looked, but I was emotional and a touch moody in general for a few weeks. The amazing thing is that the Dr. knows this and had an entire two page handout on this side effect. The stress of going through an medical procedure produces certain chemical changes for a short while. I never lost faith in my looks, but just rode out the easy tide and could not be happier on the other side. I have been out and social on many different occasions, and although I am not fully healed I am so happy and confident already. I feel I look so significantly better and more pretty that I am just so much more excited to meet people and enjoy life.

I went to my second post op appointment and things are healing great. I am not sure if I have words to describe how much better I look and feel about my face. I finally feel that things are in proportion. Dr. Horowitz literally changed my life for the better and I could not be happier.

Since then I have also booked BBL appointments and fillers at the gorgeous BioSpa next door. The people there are amazing and produce natural, beautiful results. They also have the easy, honest personality that seems to be a very common trait with everyone in Dr. Horowitz office. I started using the skincare that was recommended to me and have never had better skin. I have an appointment again in a couple of weeks and have no doubt I will be back for anything else I ever need.

Dr. Horowitz will be my doctor for years to come. I feel so very grateful that I was able to discover him and his team. Let me be the one to do the legwork for you - look no further for any of your cosmetic needs.

Pictures Before an After

Ear scar - two months out

ear 2 months out

ears scar two months out

Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Amazing, talented, kind, and an overall great person! Look no further - he is the right choice!