Dr. Sadati in Newport Beach, CA - (Don't Wait As Long As I Did - Do It Now!)

This is day one - just had my neck lift /lower...

This is day one - just had my neck lift /lower face lift this morning. All I can tell you is that everything I had concocted in my head was a million times worse then the actual procedure. I should have listened more carefully to Dr. Sadati because he told me what to expect and he was right. I've had no pain so far. My mouth feels fine and I could chew anything but I'm sticking to soft foods for now. My neck feels fine. I'm not freaking out about the headgear. I'm actually not freaking about about anything. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My biggest fear going in to all of this was my fear of a tight neck, feeling claustrophobic and not being able to handle the head wrap. Surprise surprise - as I write this I feel just fine. I have two drains in and they are doing their job. Questions? Go for it - but remember this is day 1 - about 12 hours after my neck and lower face lift. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but in my mind, going in, today was always going to be the worst of it for me due to my claustrophobia issues and I swear to you - its been NOTHING! Tomorrow I get the drains and headgear off and begin the recovery process. Hallelujah!

Day 2 post op

Day 2: Doctor Sadati removed headgear and took out drains. I never even felt the drain removal - that's how gentle Dr. Sadati is. My neck looks great and my stitches look like perfection. I'll try to get some pictures at some point this week. Today I'm just following doctors orders to rest, keep lighter head gear on for another 3 days, drink water, ice for 15 minutes on and off and no lifting or bending. I can do that. I dont have pain but I do have swelling which makes my jar area feel tight. I am not experiencing any of the neck tightness that others have mentioned. I can feel my ears and my jaws - they just feel a bit sore and swollen. I do appear to be a bit back and blue on my neck but I can't say that it hurts. I just looks bad.

Day 2 post op photos

Although quite black and blue I can see my jaw line! Thank you, Dr. Sadati. I just want to cry I'm so happy with your work. No more jowls! No more turkey neck. I can't wait to wear pretty necklaces and shirts that show off my pretty neck. Even black and blue my neck is gorgeous compared to what it was. Wowza!!

Day 3

Pictures of stitches.

Day 4

Nothing important to report. Just taking it easy. Thankfully, the swelling seems to be going down. I'm drinking water every chance I get and still eating blueberries and pineapple. I look pretty normal except for my swollen black and blue neck. Unlike others, I can feel my ears but the sides of my face still feel numb. The doctor said I could wash my hair today but I have no desire. I'm not going anywhere and it seems like a lot of effort to wash my hair for nothing. I have very long, thick hair. I think I'll wait and wash it before I return to the doctors office to get my stitches out. Does anyone here really care if my hair is dirty?

Arnica, blueberries, pineapple - phooey!

I have to say that I religiously followed doctors orders and took Arnica, ate blueberries and pineapple and yet my neck looks more black and blue then anyone on this site. What gives? Where did I go wrong? I'm really perplexed at how black and blue I am. Oddly enough it doesn't hurt - its just very swollen and sore. So strange. I can't wait for the swelling to go down. Drinking water, pineapple juice, green tea and open to any additional suggestions if you have something to share.

Day 6 - Loving my recovery

I'm doing great. I can honestly tell you there has never been any pain through this entire experience. Swelling, tightness - yes. But no pain. Dr. Sadati has been amazing. He and his staff have been available 24/7 for questions via text and phone. I hit the jackpot when selecting Dr. Sadati. They even sent me flowers yesterday!!! I couldn't feel safer and more cared for and that has been a blessing. Have to say a big thank you to all the Sadati patients that went before me and posted their reviews, took my phone calls and answered my questions. I never had any doubt that Dr. Sadati would give me the results I was looking for but I did have my doubts as to how I would handle the claustrophobic aspects of having my head wrapped, the tightness in the neck area, the feeling of being strangled. Turns out that none of that was true. I have not felt claustrophobic in the least. My neck is tight but not in the area where I would feel choked. Its tight under the chin and in no way affects my swallowing. The head gear is/was comforting. My face looks completely normal - no puckering or lumps or anything that would lead someone to believe I have had any work on my face - which was exactly what I wanted. I came to Dr. Sadati to remove my turkey neck and jowls and that he did! I have a jaw line that I haven't seen in years. I am so happy with my results so far. As soon as this bruising goes away I will post more pictures so you can see Dr. Sadati's amazing work. The man is a genius! Also, the one thing I did that really helped this whole process was I purchased a recliner at Living Spaces called the Raulo Rocker Recliner (195.00) to sleep in so that my head was elevated for sleeping. Best purchase I could have made. Sleeping has been a breeze. I have yet to wake up with any additional swelling after a good nights sleep. If getting a good nights sleep is important to you - check out the Raulo Rocker Recliner.

Day 7

I want to kick myself for spending so many years in fear of doing this. I'm so happy to be on the other side - patiently relaxing while my neck and lower face heals. It's been an interesting process and finding the right doctor is the key to it all. Do your research! Prepare for your recovery. Buy a recliner (I know this sounds nuts but having a recliner to sleep in has made all the difference in the world for me.) I'm still pretty black and blue despite doing all the Arnica, pineapple, blueberries, etc. It is what it is. I'm in no pain - just bruised and swollen but totally relaxed and so happy I finally did it. Its something I've wanted for so long and now its done. Tomorrow I get my stitches out. Yippee!

Headed for the hyperbaric oxygen chamber!

I saw my ps today to get my stitches removed (piece of cake by the way) and he recommends a few sessions in the hyperbaric oxygen chamber to help with my bruising. Despite my good health, good diet, Arnica tablets, Arnica gel, pineapple, sleeping upright, taking all my meds, etc.,, my bruising is just not looking as good as he would like. "When tissue is injured it requires even more oxygen to survive. Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy increases the amount of oxygen your blood can carry. An increase in blood oxygen temporarily restores normal levels of blood gases and tissue function to promote healing and fight infection. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is used to treat several medical conditions including:
Infection of skin or bone that causes tissue death
Nonhealing wounds
Skin graft or skin flap at risk of tissue death"
We're both feeling confident that a few sessions in the chamber will make sure I have the beautiful results I'm expecting.

Day 11

I'm still doing the hyperbaric oxygen treatments for the necrosis behind my ears. Gotta say - the treatments are so relaxing. I fall asleep every time and the best part of this is that my arthritis is nonexistent after having these treatments. My skin is very S L O W L Y healing. I will post pictures soon. My neck is still very bruised but the stitches in front of my ears have practically disappeared! One would never know from looking at me straight on that I have had any work done - and I've done nothing except treat the stitches with bactricin. I haven't even started any kind of scar therapy! Anyway, I am a bit depressed that I've had such a reaction to the surgery. I'm praying my neck will eventually heal - its still very black and blue. No lumps or anything weird - just very black and blue and still swollen. Behind my ears I have the dreaded necrosis - so I'm working on treating that with the hyperbaric oxygen treatments. I have faith this is all going to work itself out and eventually my neck and ears will be beautiful. Patience is my motto!

Day 13

I'm a day away from it being two weeks since my surgery. I feel great - but I'm still bruised on my left jaw and my neck is still a horrid shade of black and blue. The necrosis on the back of my ears is starting to go away. My jaw area is still quite swollen and tight and there are areas on my jaw that feel like sandpaper. I'm just really glad I don't have to go back to work until my face and neck return to my normal shade of beige. My ears feel a little numb and the stitches in front of my ears are practically invisible at this point. Dr. Sadati did an amazing job with those front of the ear stitches. You really can't see them. One of my girlfriends suggested I purchase a make up she used to cover her bruises so I went to Sephora and bought it. It's called IT. It's a color correcting full coverage cream and it really covers the black and blue without rubbing off on your clothing. I dont have any plans to go out on the town but if something comes up - I'm armed and ready.

The slowest healer on the planet is starting to see results!

Although still black and blue in the neck area I have been able to cover with make up! Coming up on 3 weeks and FINALLY I'm seeing what a HUGE difference this surgery has made to my neck and face. No more turkey neck! No more wrinkles! No more jowls! I can't even begin to express how happy I am. Dr. Sadati is a genius.

Day 23

Its only been 23 days since my lower facelift/neck lift and this is a photo of how my scars are healing around the front and back of my ears. Remember, I had the dreaded necrosis on the back of my ear and so my ears have been slower to heal. However, can you believe how faint the scars are from the stitching? Look at the photos of my stitches right after surgery and look at this just 23 days later! Its unbelievable!
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Sadati is the real deal. He's honest. He won't try to upsell you or give you anything but the truth about your face and what will work for you. He takes his time with your consultation. He's very professional but I found the longer I got to know him the more I liked him. I found him to be a perfectionist and an artist. He has a great sense of humor and he's very warm and truly cares about his patients outcome. I would not hesitate referring him to my nearest and dearest, family, friends and anyone that wants the very best for their face. He has a lovely, dedicated crew that supports him in every way (Jessica, Maria, Janet and Kay). These ladies go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and they really seem to have great respect for their boss - which tells me a lot about this doctor.