70 1/2 Year Old Face Lift, Eye Lift, Laser, and Temple Lift

It took me 20 years to convince my husband that I...

It took me 20 years to convince my husband that I was serious about wanting plastic surgery. In earlier years, I was a model, and as I saw the demons of age creeping in, it got to the point that I hated having to look in the mirror to put make up on each day. In my world, where I have become the oldest in every crowd, I became increasingly self-conscious. Two days before my 70th birthday, I met with Dr Horowitz. I felt emotional, scared, nervous, and excited - all at once. The receptionist and the rest of the staff was kind, cheerful, and most of all, supportive. I felt comfortable and safe. I took home all the information and called back the following morning to schedule my procedure six months later. Once that was done, I was given an appointment with Pamela in the BioSpa across the hall. She met with me 6 weeks prior to surgery. She was warm, down to earth, and she guided me through the pre-surgical skin prepping treatment. She sent me off with a bag filled with a variety of creams that I used daily for the following six weeks. I was introduced to Carly, RN who leads you to believe that you are the most important patient she has ever had. She took as much time as I needed to explain an arsenal of vitamins and nutrients necessary. She gave me my prescriptions to fill and made herself accessible anytime I had any questions whatsoever. The morning of surgery, I wasn't nervous, but my husband was a wreck! Dr Horowitz was kind, professional, and offered explanations for everything that was about to happen. Nurse Mary and the anesthesiologist were wonderful, compassionate, and straightforward. The aftermath of facial surgery for me was a little more difficult than I expected; however, Dr Horowitz assured me every step of the way that I was right on track. There are pills for pain and salve for itching, and basically, it is a time to rest and recover. Dr Horowitz and Nurse Mary made several follow up calls to see how I was, and the post op visits were comforting and reassuring. Am I happy that I have had this done? I will say that it is life changing. I am thrilled and excited to brag that I am neatly 71 now. It is fun to hear people say, "Nooo'" in disbelief. I cannot say enough about Christine and Ella. I can easily see these girls as my forever friends. If you are teetering on the edge of should I or shouldn't I, I only have one question for you - what are you waiting for?! Be who you know you want to be - not what the face in the mirror tells you to be.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon