No More Contouring my Cheekbones - Newport Beach, CA

I've always wanted a chiseled look and thought...

I've always wanted a chiseled look and thought cheekbone implants would be the route to take. I've gotten sick of contouring and highlighting every day and the Radiesse injections (which I love the results) every 6 months was starting to add up financially. After months of researching, I couldn't find much information on male cheekbone implants and it was only getting frustrating. I went back to Dr.Elam, who I've been to before for a chin implant, to see what advice he could give me to achieve my desired look.
He told me I did not need a cheek implant but I kept insisting that I needed one. He knocked some sense into me when he said he would not do the surgery because it would look unnatural and would give me the names of other doctors if I wanted to get them that bad. He said me that I was a good candidate for buccal fat removal instead and that the procedure will provide a structured look, reminding me that that was my original goal to begin with.

A week before surgery, I ate a low-sodium diet and started taking vitamin C so that I would have a speedy recovery. On the day of the procedure, I was more excited than nervous. I woke up after surgery forgetting that I just got something done and carrying the same conversation with the nurse before I was put under. Hahaha

Day 1: After the surgery, I could immediately see the difference but knew I would swell up real soon. There was minor pain and I ate really soft foods like homemade mash potatoes, oatmeal, and baby food.

Day 2: My friend drove me my first post op and Dr.Elam said I was healing really well and my swelling was very minor. I was in so little pain that I was able to head to the mall and shop for a little. I wasn't thinking and ate some hummus and pita that was high in sodium while out and swelled up within 30 mins, I wish I was thinking with my head instead of my stomach.

I'll keep you guys posted! :)

Day 5, back to work!

So technically, I was supposed to be off work but felt obligated to come in because my company had a big event. So I sucked it up and contoured my cheeks to make the swelling less noticeable. At this point, I don't have any pain and didn't need to take any painkillers yet was slightly swollen. Some coworkers casually asked if I got my wisdom teeth taken out and other's were shocked saying my face was really swollen, but I didn't notice it. I think the best part of my day was eating lunch because I was able to have a sandwich versus all the soft foods I've been eating. :) Here are some pictures from the end of work today. Excuse the blue mascara, it was for a work event.

Post Op Day 11

My healing is getting better and better each day, I can't wait for the final results which can take up to 3 months. My right side is slightly more swollen than the left but it's starting to even out. I went out to dinner last night and my friends noticed that I "lost" weight ;)
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Elam is amazing, he has great vision and is able to help you achieve your goals with realistic expectations. He and his staff will do anything to make the process easy and comfortable. They were able to work around my school and work schedule as they have before for a past procedure. I feel like I'm walking into a friend's home when I walk into his office and have treated them with cupcakes for how kind they are. Working as a makeup artist, I've recommended many clients to him and have met many clients that have already heard of him! I'm so grateful to have a gifted man work on me!