44 Yr Old Gynecomastia Patient That Can Wear Tight T-shirts Again! - Newport Beach, CA

My story. I’m your typical gynecomastia patient...

My story. I’m your typical gynecomastia patient. As I started developing into a man, around age 13 I really noticed my chest. I would wear clothes to hide, posture with shoulders forward, whatever it took. I avoided swim parties. I got asked if I needed a bra. And at that time I didn't know this was gynecomastia, just thought I got dealt with something that I couldn't change.

Finding the right Doctor. Do your research! Dr. Cruise was my second surgeon after the first didn't take. 5 years ago I went to a local plastic surgeon who was well known, but had only a handful of gynecomastia patients. The first sign that I should have gone somewhere else was in the consultation when he didn’t even touch my chest and just looked at it. The result was what I like to call a deflation, where the pointedness of the nipple area was lipo’d out but 90% of the problem still remained. Finally, I dug deeper and did my research and that’s how I came across Dr. Cruise. He specialized in gynecomastia, even having a full page layout in his brochures, and doing commercials. He also has a large portfolio of past patient results. Dr Cruise was very detailed in the consultation about what to expect. He understood my fears and my expectations. His staff is awesome! Cristin was very patient with all my questions, and Jessica was great as I went through recovery.

My surgery. In order for me to achieve my goals, my procedure was a little more extensive. I had removed excess skin, tissue, and free nipple graft. Essentially he removed what was the size of my hand on each side and reattached my nipples. This was necessary to see the pec definition that had been hiding behind the gynecomastia. The surgery itself was painless and quick. 2 hours. Local anesthesia. I did enjoy the Xanax prior to surgery. I went home after for a brief period and then went about my day. I was in a compression vest and surgical wrap for a week.

My recovery. This is where your patience is needed. It was a week after surgery before I was down to just the compression vest and gauze over the nipples and incisions. After week 12, I was able to eliminate the taping. After 3 months, I was able to chuck the compression vests, but still advised to wear compression shirts for a few months after that. I will say it’s hard to realize your results until you get to 6 months.

My results. It’s been one year (May 2015) and the results are awesome. I am seeing the scars to get less and less red. I was told 1-2 years with scaring results. I can now wear tight tshirts, and in fact, I find myself sticking out my chest! Even though my before/after pics show my weight loss of 30 lbs, that wouldn't of made much difference with the chest.