53 y/o explant & capsule removal after 23 yrs. & upper eyes. Newport Beach, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I first had my breast implants in when I was 28....

I first had my breast implants in when I was 28. PS said they were a bit high, so he would re-do them two years later. At age 30, I had my second set of implants put in under the muscle. I was originally an A cup and I was so small that the recovery was extremely painful. I had to ice them; I used frozen peas which came in handy. I loved my boobs as I'm small on top and bigger on bottom, so the implants made my body more proportional. It also made buying a swimsuit much easier, as they did not have mix and match swimsuits back then, so you could only buy one size. Not long after this I got a job with the airlines and approximately 4-6 months later I started experiencing terrible headaches, which later became migraines. About six years later I also started experiencing extreme anxiety and depression. Antidepressants and hypnotherapy helped with that. Also, since about 4 years after getting the implants I have been experiencing weird pain in my back and tight shoulders/neck/jaw. In just the past year I have also experienced weird pains in my joints. Basically, I never put two and two together and I really don't know if the implants were causing this. I took this test and it said that I need to stay away from plastic and silica. A friend told me about RealSelf, which is how I came to find out about this forum. After reading all the stories from the women here, I realized that my problems could be due to my implants and they need to come out.

The next step was finding the PS for me. I had seven consultations. I decided on Dr. Daniel B. Kim. He was friendly, compassionate, caring, and gentle; he explained the whole process very well; he didn't make me feel rushed. Even the office and staff were warm and welcoming. Basically the best part for me was how well he explained everything to me. I would never have found him if it were not for the women on RealSelf. I am extremely thankful for that. Back to Dr. Kim: you just feel at ease around him. He makes you feel good about yourself. I knew going into the appointment that I wanted to have the capsules removed and drains, especially after reading The Naked Truth about Breast Implants: From Harm to Healing, by Susan E. Kolb, M.D., F.A.C.S., and after watching the hour-long documentary AbsolutelySafe I think every woman should at least watch this before getting implants. I loved my boobs and never had any problem with them, so I'm a little sad to see them go, even if it is for health reasons. Because of that, I decided to do my upper eyes to do something to feel good about myself. I didn't tell my husband until right before I went into surgery about my eyes because he thinks the whole plastic surgery thing is unnecessary. I thought about not telling him at all, but I figured that I better tell him because he would probably notice. So I told him right before going into surgery, "oh by the way, honey, the doctor's going to do my eyes!"

On the day of the surgery I was very anxious, as all the women here, hoping for the best and also excited to see Dr. Kim's art work on me. I got to the hospital a little early, so my husband and I sat outside the reception area and enjoyed watching the koi fish swim by (very relaxing). I told Dr. Kim that it would take two hours to get to his office the next day, so he gave me the option of doing a video call on my smartphone instead, which I was thrilled about (I love modern technology!). This appointment was the unveiling when I would see my natural boobs for the first time. It was important for him to be with me when I saw them for the first time because he knows how emotional it can be for us women. When I first saw them I was thrilled; they looked perfect! He went in through the upper part of the nipple and also did a crescent lift. One nipple was lower than the other, so he raised it so it would be symmetrical.

As for my eyes, they look really good too. It's been nice to be able to compare my eyes to the eyes of the other women in this forum.

Today is day 3. I am experiencing a little pain in the right breast (the one that was ruptured) and my eyes are very itchy (which is good because that means they are healing).

Photos Before and After

Drains coming out. 4 days after surgery.

Yea! Drains are out. Even though I wanted the drains. It's soooo nice not to have to deal with them anymore. There was no pain when they were removed. Only a weird sensation. I asked about my surgery. He said after removing the entire implant and capsule (which he did in one piece) he then had to repair the many layers under the breast so I will end up with a nice shape.
Dr. Kim said that my capsule was very thick. Next he did a crescent lift and lifted one nipple higher than the other so they would be even. Ummmm! just love this guy.

Eyes 4 days after surgery

Organic Chicken Broth for Skin Elasticity

Organic Chicken Broth for Skin Elasticity
1:39
Organic Chicken Broth for Skin Elasticity. This makes a great soup / broth for your skin, gut health, hair, etc.

Soup for speedy healing & Skin elasticity

Soup for speedy healing & Skin elasticity
1:21
Great for speedy healing, reduces joint pain & inflammation, great for gut health, digestion, etc.

Eye relief with frozen peas after upper eye surgery

Eye relief with frozen peas after upper eye surgery
1:35
After upper eye surgery I was to ice my eyes every 15 minutes. 15 minutes on & 15 minutes off until further advised by doctor.

Body by Victoria no wire bra from VS. This has a little padding. Supper comfy.

Body by Victoria no wire bra from VS. This has a little padding. Supper comfy.

Massage to help keep the breast tissue from sticking to the underneath tissue as you are healing.

Massage to help keep the breast tissue from sticking to the underneath tissue as you heal.
1:38
This is what my doctor is having me do to help the breast tissue from sticking to tissue underneath as you are healing.

3 week update on upper eye surgery.

3 week update on upper eye surgery.
1:35
It's been 3 weeks now. Very happy with the results of my upper eye surgery. Doctor is going to do laser to lower eye in 3 months.

Comfortable Bras

Comfortable Bras
2:05
Ist bra is a Marilyn Monroe. I purchased at Ross Store. 2 for $9.99. 2nd & 3rd bra is Body by Victoria no wire at VS. Also go to this link for great padded sports bra

Detox Healing Breast Implant Illness

Detox Healing Breast Implant Illness
1:25

Great link to go to for STEPS TO DETOXIFY YOUR BODY FROM BREAST IMPLANTS AND SILICONE

{Third party link removed by RealSelf}

Bring myself back to mature to sooth the soul.

Bring myself back to mature to sooth the soul
1:19

Taking time to be by yourself is so important. Really nurtures the soul. Especially if you can be in nature. I spent a little time meditating on my walk. Took a break and took off my shoes and socks and rested my feet on mother earth soil. This is called grounding. Grounding is so good for your health. Feels great to connect to the earths natural energy. So good for reducing stress and inflammation.

Here's an excellent video.

{Third party link removed by RealSelf}

and more excellent info. If your interested........

Walking in canyon for exercise and my soul

Walking in canyon for exercise and my soul
1:24
Time to ground & meditate.
Earth laughs in flowers--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Detox bath.....Ahhhh!.... Scented, soothing, warm & relaxing.

Detox bath.....Ahhhh!.... Scented, soothing, warm & relaxing.
1:57
A detox bath is a way to help cleanse the body, relax the mind, and provide extra support to various systems of the body.

3 week update

3 week update
1:36
It's been 3 weeks now. The first week went by kind of slow. Now, seems like the days are flying by. My boobies are getting smaller. Eeeeeek!

3 week update on upper eyes

3 week update on upper eyes
0:45
I'm now on week 3. Left eye is doing great. Feels normal. Right eye is still a bit swollen. Sometimes during the day the upper eyelid feels heavy. A couple of small little bumps are still on inner corner of eye. All in all. Doing great. " )

Sit up challenge. Sit ups to help strengthen stomach & back.

Sit up challenge. Sit ups to help strengthen stomach & back.
3:17
Great to work on sit ups before any surgery as most likely you'll be inactive for a while. Helps to strengthen stomach & back muscles. Also, let me know if you'd like to do a sit up challenge. Let me know how many you are doing a day. Only do what you are comfortable doing.

Exercise. Doctor gave me the O.K. to start walking.

Exercise. Doctor gave me the O.K. to start walking.
0:21
It's 2 ½ weeks and the doctor has given me the O.K. to go for walks. Feels so great to be outdoors. A little fresh air to clear the mind.

My Story

My story
7:16
My journey of over 2 decades with breast implants. I loved my boobies. Not too big. Not too small for my body frame. I was make into a c-up from an a-cup. I had no idea they were toxic and causing me to have migraines for 23 years.

4:15

My story continues
3:01

1:18

Back to Work

Back to Work
1:22
Make up on, hair done and all dressed up & ready to go. Not liking the way how I look sooo flat in my uniform......still doing boobie massages 3 x's a day. Did this on way to work. Thank goodness for tinted windows....Gotto go now. ; ))
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely amazing experience. He is such a kind and caring man. Dr. Daniel B. Kim and his staff made me feel comfortable from the moment I walked into his office. I found him through RS. I first talked to a couple of ladies on this site who really liked the explants he did for them. One being "mouthymodel". It's priceless to be able to see the work a surgeon has done and to be able to talk to that person. Also one of the ladies in his office had her eyes done by him and they looked beautiful. During my 1st consultation Dr. Kim went over in detail all the questions and fears I had about doing my explant and upper blepharoplasty. He spent a lot of time with me for which I am very grateful. I also liked that he was very supportive of my decision not to implant. The day of my surgery I was kind of anxious and he put me at ease. After talking to him I was excited to see what I was going to look like. He is very artistic. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to have any plastic surgery done.