Reconstructive Rhino/Septoplasty After Motorcycle Accident - Newport Beach, CA

Okay!! So I wasn't going to post on here because...

Okay!! So I wasn't going to post on here because mostly of privacy but people can be so rude and ignorant so here's my story.

I was in a horrible moto accident almost 4 years ago. Knowing I'm never going to look like my old self I decided to at least getting my nose reduced in size to somewhat resemble my old nose or better!! I know I found the best doctor. He is truly an artist however my new nose currently has a mind of its own. Because of previous serious injury I'm in the top 1% for swelling and scar tissue. Something I don't think either my doctor nor I had planned for. Not to mention I gained a friend(hematoma) that I've named Norm under my eye. This happen on Day 4 when everything started to go south! My eyes were swollen shut and while straining to open them I felt a stap. It was a stitch that allowed blood to go where it should not be. Then on day 5 my tearing eyes forced the top part of my nose case up allowing fluid to enter. That happened Saturday nite.

All I ask is that you please be kind as this has been phucking hard for me. If it isn't one thing....My reason for posting is so maybe I'll feel better. I'm can't expect all ignorant people will stop being mean to me! Or making comments as to " why my BF is with me" etc. but hopefully I just want to phucking feel better. 11 days post I'm still swollen in the bridge of my nose. I look like a ????, and my skin is garbage. I see the light I just know it's going to take me longer to get there. ????

Breakdown over!!

Okay!! So as it turns out I have a nose! I was so having a breakdown with My previous post but I'm feeling better. I've been incessantly taking my arnica, bromelain, pineapple juice, and contour taping my nose. Trying to mold the shape with the swelling. After a few days I definitely see a difference. Norm is still hanging around on his last leg. I've been putting heat on him. Normally they would just shoot him up with cortisone but because of how I'm healing we're nervous for infection.

I also decided to get a Jessner peel for my skin. I have really sensitive skin and I broke out after surgery. So this is the first step to getting it under control.
Keep you updated B.

Setback! Emergency root canal!!

So, the past Sunday I got a horrible pain in my bottom row gums. I found an emergency dentist whom discovered I have 2 teeth that are fractured below the gums. One needed a root canal the other needs extraction :-(.

I was so not expecting this. They gave me a lot of pain medication none of which worked until I gave in and took ibuprofen. Tooth pain is the only pain that makes you want to break your finger because you believe it'll make you feel better.

The doc has shut this down now! He worried about blood thinning. I'm praying about the pain. On the more positive side it made my swelling go down and it sent my hematoma (Norm) packing.

I can see a difference in my skin after getting a Jessner peel. Complexion and overall texture is better

I'm loving my nose!!

Well, I'm shocked! It's been almost 3 weeks and only now can I see what my nose is going to look like and I love it.

Because of my root canal pain I've been on serious medicine, however nothing stops the pain like ibuprofen. So for the pass week I've been taking about 800mg a day. I've been praying to god nothing bad happens. As a result of taking this medcine my swelling has decreased far quicker than it would have taking bromelain and ancia. I'm la la loving the turn up.

1 month!

I'm happy, slowing healing. Nose is looking a little crooked these days. You can tell straight on only. I'm hoping it will settle itself as most of the swelling is on that side. Thank you guys for being so awesome.

3+ months post

I feel freaking fantastic. You guys were amazing with your support and I honestly needed this website to stay positive and keep moving forward. Love my doctor ???? He called , texted , VM's after my swelling wasn't going down as quickly as we like. However I stand here today happy. I also am aware that my nose is still getting smaller. Mostly because it's still sore and that usually means it's still bruised. I fatefully tape my nose still every night. I take 2 ibuprofen for swelling and call it a night. Here are some updated and side by sides thanx
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

He is amazing! Honest and realistic. He's a doctor with integrity which is rare. He didn't just say I'll do what ever nose you want and take your money. Leaving you with a nose that looks operated on. I'm his 1 in 1000 patients that has had excessive swelling were things didn't go as planned. That would of happened with any doctor I saw because of previous injury alone. I think he's been taking my situation harder than me!! Seriously he knows the nose that he spent all that time creating and this currently is not it. Don't worry we'll get thru it doc.