28 Year Old Female, Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation - Newport Beach, CA

I’m almost 4 months post opt and I had my s...

I’m almost 4 months post opt and I had my surgery July 2016. Since I was 18 I wanted to get my nose done. I was very young at the time and also wasn’t all that familiar with the Rhinoplasty procedure. After doing more research and having close friends tell me about their experiences I felt more comfortable having the procedure.

Consultation: My journey began November 2015 and I had my consultation with Dr. Nichter. A friend referred me to him after she had Rhinoplasty. From the first consultation to my last visit he and his staff provided the best care and outstanding service. I had a lot of questions and concerns about the surgery and recovery. He answered all of my questions, and I felt comfortable talking about my nose and what I wanted changed. Dr. Nichter examined my nose and noticed I had a deviated septum. He recommended that I get a septo/rhinoplasty with turbinate reduction and chin implant.

Pre-Opt: After visiting 3 other Plastic Surgeons and they didn’t have the professional expertise or service, I knew immediately that Dr. Nichter was the right choice. I scheduled my surgery about 6 months later for July 2016. During my pre-opt appointments his staff provided excellent service, and were very accommodating with scheduling. The week of surgery I sent Dr. Nichter a rendered photo of what I wanted my nose to look like. Which we discussed in person the morning of surgery. He is very detailed and has a great eye for making your nose look well balanced and enhance your natural features.

Day of Surgery: The morning of surgery I felt excited and a bit nervous. I met with the anesthesiologist and Dr. Nichter prior to the surgery. I felt well taken care of and was ready for my procedure. The surgery lasted about 3 hours and I returned home. Dr. Nichter called me that afternoon to check on me and to see how I was doing. I had a post opt appointment 3 days later when I was the most swollen and bruised but Dr. Nichter does that intentionally. About a week later I went back for my big reveal and had the splint and internal tubes for breathing removed. Everything looked great! I couldn’t believe how great of a job he did. He definitely exceeded my expectations. He removed a hump, narrowed my nose, and refined the tip to make it more delicate looking. He also opened my airways so I can breathe! What a great feeling!

Post Opt: My recovery went smoothly I had minimal bruising and swelling but every patient is different. The expected recovery time is 6 weeks. The hard part was sleeping upright. I didn’t’ have much pain it was more a feeling of pressure but that was only the first couple days. The weeks after surgery I taped my nose at night to decrease swelling. I’ve had 3 post opt visits and to see the transformation is incredible. I’m so glad I chose Dr. Nichter to perform my surgery and his staff did a tremendous job. I highly recommend Dr. Nichter if you are considering Rhinoplasty.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon