32 Yrs Old, Nursed 2 Kids, 5'6 Athletic Build - received 600cc HP silicone with full anchor lift Newport Beach, CA

I was a natural 36E before having kids. After...

I was a natural 36E before having kids. After nursing my 2 kids and returning to pre-baby weight I decided to get fit...again. I lost another 20 pounds and definitely need a lift. I'm 5'6 140.
Having a lift with implants on Aug 6, 2015 with Dr. Tenley Lawton in Newport Beach. Chose 550cc high profile silicone implants.
She was my first pick out of 4 consults and I'm looking forward to it!

12 more days and still deciding on cc's

I'm not sure how much tissue or skin will be removed so I'm trying to decide on implant size. My PS gave me sizers to play with over the weekend. It's hard to tell since my right breast is an entire size bigger than the left. I like how to 500cc looks in the sports bra. 550 looks too big.
My almost 18 month old got saw the sizers this morning and yelled, "donuts!!!" Then grabbed 2 of them and said, "heavy!" Maybe 550 is too big!

Friend with similar build

My friend has a similar build to me and she went with 600cc. I'm considering 550 but everyone says that's too big. Here's a pic of us standing side by side. I'm in the pink shorts. She started out as a B and I'm a C. What do you think?

One week until surgery

I borrowed sizers over the weekend and feeling more confident with my choice. I think I'll feel better once I talk to my PS and ask her how much tissue she will remove.

I have all my meds, soap, arnica, bras, and comfy Jammie's ready to go

Kinda freaking out about scar underneath

So I watched 3 YouTube videos and all 3 had small incisions underneath each breast measuring 2 inches. I'm hoping mine don't go from one side all the way to the other. Kinda nervous!!!!!!!!

3 more days I have a rash!

Emailed my PS and saw my General Dr this morning. He said he can guarantee its NOT bacterial, infected, yeast or fungal. PS said she fine with proceeding and GP said it should be fine also. I freaked out!!! Everything is lined up and this is the ONLY time until next summer that I would be able to have surgery! So relieved. Still nervous but excited.

One more day! Last pictures...

Tomorrow I'm finishing up errands and food prep. Started to get a queezy stomach when I think about it. I watched the surgery on YouTube. The hardest part will be telling my 18 month old I can't hold. I LOVE holding him but he's 32 pounds! I converted his crib to a toddler bed today so I won't have to lift him. Here are my last before pictures before surgery.

Home from surgery

Got home about 30 minutes ago and in bed. I woke up with a good amount of pressure. They gave me pain meds right away in my IV. The 30 minute drive home was really easy. I had a firm pillow in my lap. Ready for a nap!

Awesome first day

Yesterday was a breeze. But now I started having soreness around 1:30am and have been awake ever since. It now 4:25am.
Took my muscle relaxer at 1:50am and pain pill at 3:15am. Icing right now. No naseua or problems with anesthesia. I told my doctor to choose CC size of 500, 550 or 600, as well as, moderate or high profile. She said definitely go with high profile but said she didn't think 600 would fit for a first augmentation and we agreed on 550 unless the pocket allowed it. I told her symmetry was my main priority and I want to be as big as I was before kids, but don't make me look like Dolly Parton.
Well, I woke up with 600cc. My right is more swollen that the left because she had to remove more tissue, it was an entire cup size bigger. Here are some pics 10 hours post op. So far I'm pretty excited!!!

Awesome first day

Awesome 1st day, More sore 2nd day

Well, I woke up with 600cc. My right is more swollen that the left because she had to remove more tissue, it was an entire cup size bigger. Right nipple has some feeling, left is still numb so far. Here are some pics 10 hours post op. So far I'm pretty excited!!!

Medication Schedule

I made a spreadsheet for medication names, dosage and type. This has helped keep me on track and not miss a time. The oxycodone wasn't lasting 3 1/2 hours and my pain got worse. My husband who's a DRE (drug recognition expert) said to take half an Oxy every 2 hours instead of 1 every 3-4 hours. Has something to do with how it's metabolized. It worked right away and my pain went from a 5 to a 2. Here's a pic if anyone wants to make one. I used excel but hand writing it would work just as well.

Day 3

Day 3 has been easier than day 2. Still have minimal bruising. Less pressure, less pain and swelling has gone down a little. I'm icing every hour for 20 minutes with frozen peas. It helps quite a bit! Extra tired today

Took a shower and removed bandages

I'm beyond thrilled. I have symmetry. I have feeling in both nipples, and the size is perfect!!!

Pics from Sunday night. Surgery was Thursday

I can move my arms, pressure has subsided, feeling good. Sleeping great. No pain. Taking 1/2 pin med every 6-8 hours.

Super happy

My left had dropped a little bit. The right is still high. I have more pain in my right, where she removed more tissue. I've been able to life my arms since the day of surgery and shower myself. Recovery had been easier than expected. I have VERY mild bruising but kept up on my arnica. Post op appointment is tomorrow. Sleeping great.

Day 5

I'm still in aw that I got the results I've been dreaming of.
It was a long road but thankful I continued doing my research, had 4 consults and followed my gut with Dr. Lawton. She's an awesome surgeon specializing in cancer reconstruction and I couldn't be happier so far

Post op

Had my post op visit yesterday, got stitches out (just the end loops where she ties a knot), got new tape, learned How to massage them and will be back in a month! Still very happy with the look and shape. The pressure of the bra is bugging me and I even bought 2 sizes bigger. Chest muscles have been very tight until today. I stopped sleeping with my arms propped on a pillow. My shoulders are starting to go back a little.
I'm really looking forward to be active again with my kids and lifting in the gym. I don't like feeling this soft.

Feeling like I went too big

I was going for 500/550. I was considering 600 but the nurse said she thought I would be disappointed with 600. Day of surgery I upped it from 550 to 600 and my dr even said, "that's kind of a big implant for a first augmentation but I'll see." She told mike she went straight for 600 and it fit so that's what i woke up with. I'm mad at myself! I feel I was warned twice and pushed through. It's only been 10 days. However, I am happy with being symmetrical and she did a great job. My incisions looks great and clean. I'm just not sure what the end result will be once the drop and settle in. So I asked a few people. I feel fine in clothes but any cleavage shirts or bra's...they look massive.

Emotional

On day 5 of withdrawals from meds. This could be playing into how I feel and how I feel about my size.

Better today

Emotionally I'm better today! I can feel the pain meds leaving my system. Still sick from withdrawals (yesterday and today are my worst so far) but liking the size again. I compared pictures this morning and swelling is going down.

2 weeks post op- major back pain

I'm 2 weeks, 1 day post op today and feeling better about my size. If I wear something tight I don't feel like a house. I over did it Tuesday with grocery shopping, got a massage sitting up and Started lifting my 18 month old. Then worked (hairdresser) on Wednesday. Had 3 full color and cuts and I died all day from back pain. I hoping it's not the added weight this quick but rather from sleeping positions. I've been icing but hoping it subsides soon. Anyone else experience this?

3 1/2 week post op

Feeling much better this week. My back only hurts when I work. I've been able to lift and hold my 32 pound 19 month old for a week now. I focus on using arm muscles and not chest muscles. I bend down, he wraps his arms around me, I squeeze him and use leg muscles to stand up.
Muscles tightness has subsided. I can feel the implants sitting on my rib cage and when I bend over I feel them slide against the muscle. A couple friends had the same thing and said it goes away after a couple months.
I'm really happy with my incisions. They are very clean and precise. They are not raised at all. She did a fantastic job cutting and stitching.

Loving the symmetry

Even in grungy sweats (jammie's) I feel symetrecal. Even though my PS didn't promise me symmetry, I would say I'm 90%. My right side was always sticking out further and popping out of my bra. It's really nice to not fight that anymore.
I do have some itching and dryness on the sides of each breast. The silicone scar cream is irritating my incisions so I starting sheeting again, using Steri-strips.

Starting to drop/getting softer

I'm really starting to LOVE them now. They are softening up and starting to drop. Each week they feel softer and softer. I still haven't bought a "bra" but I did find these cute Free People Lace bras at Nordstroms to wear under baggy shirts. There's minimal support but they are cute. I NEVER would have been able to wear anything like this before surgery.

6 week scar/still taping

It's been 6 1/2 weeks and my scars are perfectly flat. I'm still taping (changing out weekly) using steri-strips. They have dropped a little more and I love the size. Each week they get softer and softer.
I no longer have the squeaky feeling of the implants against my muscle when I bend over to grab something. That stopped about a week ago.

Scars looking great

Scars are fading and looking great. I'm still very happy and loving them! They are very soft and feel natural!
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Amazing staff, Erin is fabulous and Dr. Lawton is so sweet and down to earth. She took her time examining and explaining the procedure. In between seeing other patients she would peek her head in and see how I was doing in the process of trying on sizers with her office manager. She's a mom and "gets it." I couldn't be happier with my choice. Great surgeons in Newport Beach are a dime a dozen, but I clicked with her and she's truly an artist. Her work proves it.