22 Year Old Male, Excess / Loose Skin Around Abdomen After Weight Loss, Tummy Tuck? - Newcastle Upon Tyne, GB

(abdominoplasty). Hey everyone, I'm Craig...

(abdominoplasty). Hey everyone, I'm Craig Campbell, I'm 22 years old and live in Newcastle in the United Kingdom. I'm new to this site and just joined. I used to weigh 17 stone (we use stone here in the UK) which is about 107kg or 238 pounds. I'm down now to 12stone which is equivalent to 76kg or 168 pounds. I thought I just needed maybe some liposuction or liposulpture and consider vaser. I went for a consultation with one local private hospital cause our National Health System (The NHS) wouldn't cover the cost of the operation and I will have to go private and pay for this myself, but at this consultation I was told that it is excess skin and I will need a tummy tuck. So far I have only seen one Dr / consultation for this and I'm going to see as many as I can in my local region for more quotes and prices and other opinions before I commit. I was a bit shocked to go from the prospect of jut Liposuction and a few grand to Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) and the thousands it costs for this. From the one surgeon I've seen so far they have quoted me £6,495 about $9994.47 in USD. I've come so far and I still absolutely hate myself and my body. I suffer with anxiety, severe panic attacks and depression and like you put on a fake, happy, smiley front. I have 0 confidence and it upsets me that no matter how hard I workout and exercise or eat 'clean' I will never get the results I want. How hard is it to get some abs / a six pack please? ha! Any advice who are male and gone through this or any advice from anyone would be much appreciate, especially Dr's and Surgeon's.. thanks a lot everyone!

Here is some pictures of my stomach / abdomen

Took some pictures of my stomach / abdomen area so you can get an idea!

Tummy Tuck? 22 Year Old Male, 6ft1 - Excess Skin / Loose Skin After Weight Loss

(abdominoplasty). Hello everyone, My name is Craig Campbell, I'm a 22 years old male and live in Newcastle in the United Kingdom. I'm new to this site and just joined. I'm 6ft 1 and I used to weigh 17 stone (we use stone here in the UK) which is about 107kg or 238 pounds. I'm currently down to 12 stone which is equivalent to 76kg or 168 pounds. I had a problem area around my stomach / abdomen and initial thoughts were that it was just a stubborn area of hard to move fat. I initally thought I just needed maybe some liposuction or liposulpture and consider vaser. I went for a consultation with one local private cosmetic hospital cause our National Health System (The NHS) wouldn't cover the cost of the operation and I will have to go private and pay / fund for this procedure myself, but at this consultation I was told that it is excess skin and I will need a tummy tuck, which was quite a shock after just going in with the thought of liposuction and then be told I need a tummy tuck to get the results I wanted. So far I have only seen one Dr and been for one consultation for this and I am planning on going to see as many surgeons / dr's / consultations as I possibly can in my local region for more quotes and prices and other opinions before I commit. I was shocked to go from the prospect of just Liposuction and a few grand to a Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) and the thousands it costs for this. From the one surgeon I've seen so far they have quoted me £6,495 about $9994.47 in USD. I've come so far and I still absolutely hate myself and my body. I suffer with anxiety, severe panic attacks and depression. I have 0% confidence and it upsets me that no matter how hard I workout and exercise or eat 'clean' I will never get the results I want. Every morning I'm up at 7am for a 4 mile run and then some weight lifting when I get home. How hard is it to get some abs / a six pack please? Ha. Any advice especially from those who are male and gone or going through this or any advice from anyone would be much appreciated, especially opinions from Dr's and Surgeon's. Thank you for taking the time to read, Craig! :)

Moving things forward, exciting times! ????

So after the initial two consultations with The Hospital Group in Leeds and Harley Medical Group in Newcastle, (I didn't particularly like their vibe). I have booked in for two 10 minute free consultations with plastic / cosmetic surgeons at / with Nuffield here in Newcastle Upon Tyne in the UK. My latest one was Thursday 30th June and I saw Mr Omar Ahmed. I really thought he was informative and positive in this initial chat and he said the next step would be to book in for the paid 30 minute consultation to discuss further and prices and dates. I want this done now, today, this minute. I want this surgery over with and to move on with my life and see the final / finished product! I'm still eating very clean and healthy and going to the gym 6-7 times a week! I am worried about the scar, of course. I hope it goes very faint after a year or so, or is very low that it's not noticed. After looking through some pictures of some patients results on her and online I'm concerned, some of their scars looks like it cuts into their fat on the hips and they have an over hang? Id rather it be more smooth and to the hip. I'd appreciate any advice, hints and tips any of you guys have. I'll keep you's posted. Thanks a lot,
- C.

My weight loss journey started June 2013, after an...

My weight loss journey started June 2013, after an initial 6 week intense boot camp with a Personal Trainer was the initial kick up the butt I needed. Fast forward to April 2015 I decided after constant strict exercise and a extremely strict diet I was not seeing the results I wanted, I booked in for a consultation with the Hospital Group in Leeds thinking it would just be some liposuction and a stubborn area. I was told to my shock, it was loose skin and I would need a tummy tuck. I was 22 at this point and surgery like this was not something that had entered my mind. I booked in for a second opinion at the Harley Medical Group here in Newcastle Upon Tyne and they confirmed it.

I was not 100% confident with these two cosmetic surgery clinics so booked in with the Nuffield. I have seen two Cosmetic Surgeons there and I have now booked in for my paid 30 minutes consultation with Mr Omar A Ahmed next week to move things forward. I want it done now, if I could get it done right this second I would so I could see the finished product / final product. I'm excited but nervous, especially scaring and not getting the results I want. Next week I will find out more about pricing and dates so I will keep everyone posted!

Surgery Tomorrow!!! 4th January 2017!! WOW! Nervous!

Hey everyone.
I am starting off 2017 with the 'new year, new me' motto.
Tomorrow, (Wednesday 4th January 2017) I get my Male Abdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck procedure.
Here in my hometown city of Newcastle Upon Tyne in the United Kingdom!
Wow I am incredibly excited, I guess the nerves and anxiousness will start tomorrow.
I am being admitted at 1pm. Meaning I have to be at the hospital for 1pm. My surgery time is around 3pm!
I will keep you guys posted with pictures and updates!
Here we go...
This is it!!!!!!

All done!

Here's me 10 hours after surgery up and sitting in the chair! Ow!

#tummytuck #TT #abdominoplasty #maletummytuck

I'll keep you guys updated!

- Craig :) x

2 days post op!

So I came out of surgery on Wednesday 4th January 2017 around 8pm. It's not Friday 6th January 3:20pm. I've been getting up to the toilet myself, just for no. 1 - no bowel movement or anything! Despite me eating and drinking plenty!

I still have two drains in either side! Uncomfortable around the stomach but to be expected! I can't wait for the drains to be out, be at home and about 4 weeks post op, down the line! Even more so in 6 month+!

Haven't slept much past 2 days since I'm not used to sleeping upright and on my back! I like to sleep on my stomach which won't be happening for a WHILE! I'll keep you guys updated and any advice from people who've been through this would be great! Thanks Craig

3 days post op!

Saturday 7th January 2017 / 17:42 / 5:42pm

I have now had both drains left and right removed and the cannula in my left hand.

Hoping now I start feeling a lot better!

Still have not been for a no.2 but up and down for lots of wee's! Having to walk like an ape with hands on knees. Coming back on Wednesday for dressings changed which will be 7 days after the op! Can't wait to be about 2-3 month post op!

4 days post! Drama day!

So my bowels worked, a lot! YAY!
Tablets for bowels clearly worked. Going back to my usual bowel routine now!

So now... I'm still walking like an ape, hands on my knees. Can't straighten and pain around my abdomen. I'm trying not to take too much pain meds and soldering through so this will be why! So today I noticed a cramp like feeling in my left calf muscle. Like as if you pulled your muscle in the calf.
I looked down, pulled down my surgical stockings I'm still wearing and where the pain, cramp feeling was / is... There was a bruise. I rang my private hospital I had the paid surgery and also our NHS free health care service. They asked me to go in for some tests.

I had 4 files of blood and they got sent off. They said my levels were raised (I'm guessing for DVT? Deep Vein Thrombosis?) and they gave me a shot / injection in the arm. I was told to go back 9am for a scan to 100% confirm and if so another shot. Then daily shots myself until the clot etc has gone! Wow. Unlucky me!
My belly feels really hot! Not uncomfortable or burning but I'm guessing that's cause I've been cut hip to hip and moving about and no pain meds and all the bandages and the corset type compress garment.

Can't wait for Wednesday 11th Jan where I will be 7 days post op and all fresh, clean dressings on! I'll keep you's updated!

Can't seriously wait to be 2-3 month post op! Wishing my life away, ha!
Craig

5 days post op - update!

I had my ultrasound on my full left leg from groin to calf, showed no clot. Hopefully the shot they gave me previous day helped with that. Good news.

I'm in quite a bit of pain this evening. I have not been taking pain meds at all as I started going to toilet again and opened bowels and was feel better and I'd rather go to toilet; but tonight I took two paracetamol, one ibruofen & one codeine!

Maybe this could be cause it's 5 days after the op and everything may be knitting together and stitching! Fingers crossed! On Wednesday which will be 7 days after op I go for all my stitches out and brand new, fresh dressings and can have a shower! Hoping I feel like a new man.

Just want to be 2-3-4 MONTH down the line.
Eating hasn't been the best these past 5 days!!

Did anyone else's scrotum and penis go really black and blue and swollen following an abdominoplasty / tummy tuck! That's upsetting me, ha!

I'll be updating you!

Yesterday was day 6 post op! Terrible day!

Hey guys,
If you're all following my updates and journey.... Thanks.

So yesterday I was in a lot of pain, I noticed I was bleeding through my dressings and called the hospital who asked me to call in.
Luckily my surgeon was here and took every dressing off me and I apparently (cause I never looked but my mum was behind me) oozed a lot of blood out. So much so they couldn't stop it. I got rushed in for an emergency operation for a Hematoma?

I thought all day yesterday I was incredibly pale, getting out of breathe just walking to the loo! Incredibly swollen.

I have lost so much blood I've had a blood transfusion and two bags of blood so far!
Two drains back in but they aren't draining anything now apparently. Or very little.
Kind of back to day one which I am devastating!

I'm hoping now this is fixed I truly start the recovery process! I'm terrified to move or cough incase I cause a bleed or anything again to be honest but! Onwards and upwards eh?

I'll be updating! Today is 7 days post op but only a few hours after my second op for hematoma and blood transfusion!

Craig :)

Day 7 post op (back to day 1 post op)

So today I have had 3 separate blood transfusions! I lost a lot of blood!

My surgeon came in and told me and my grandparents who were visiting at the time that it was the worst he'd ever seen & like a liver!

Despite me being youngest, fittest, least / tiny skin removal of all his patients! Great! Just my luck! So back to day 1 post op since I was reopened last night!

I'm up in chair now, been up and stood for loo, just a wee.

Terrified I start bleeding again with movement and coughing etc! Petrified!

Post Op 16 days. Should have been Post Op 22 days.

Hey everyone,
Sorry for the lack of updates, drop me a comment or message/inbox if you have any questions or you are using my updates and journey to help you gauage your surgery.
Today 26th January 2017 I am 16 days post op, from the second, re-surgery. Means today I would have been 22 days since the original surgery.
I am not on any pain medication at all now. The only medication is take is an iron tablet 3 times a day since the loss of blood has made me anameic. I got for a blood test tomorrow to see how my levels are doing and if I am carrying on with the iron tablets.
I am walking upright now and going for quiet long 30-45 minute walks around my area, trying to do 5000-6000 steps a day.
One massive miss for me is the 'old me' as in my routine, my life, my independence. Especially the gym. I was there 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day and plenty of classes. Everyone will probably think I have died as I told no one there. I can't wait to be able to get back into the gym. I think the above is the reason I am up and down with moods, anxiety and depression. I can't wait to be 2-3-4+ month down the line. Or even see myself this time next year! I want to be in the gym with a new PT and building the body I've always wanted.
Coughing and sneezing can be uncomfortable. I also massively miss sleeping on my stomach as this is how I've slept for past 23 years. I am sort of sleeping on my side a little now. I am wearing the garment / compression garment around my stomach 24 hours a day still. Give or take 15-20 mins or so if I've been in the shower etc. I only had a standard tummy tuck, no muscle repair or liposuction needed anywhere. Just a hip to hip incision and new belly button.
I still feel swollen so not 100% sure on the results yet. I guess I thought I was going to wake up with a strong, defined 8 pack, ha!
Had a haircut, shave and shower on Monday after about nearly 5 weeks without a haircut, felt like a new man.
I still am numb and have loss of feeling in some areas near my incision and belly button. I hope this comes back. I am driving now also, walking upright and unaided.
Any help, advice, information, questions or anything from you guys who have been reading will be appreciated. I will try and update more regularly and post pictures soon enough when I feel ready.
Thanks everyone.

19 days post op update

Today Sunday 29th January 2017 I am 19 days post op, from the second surgery.
(Would have been 25 days post op from initial, first surgery)

I bought a Withings BodyCardio Scale in November and use it daily, except when I was in hospital.
This morning I weighed 76.7kg on Wednesday 4th January the morning before I went into hospital I weighed 77.8kg.

I haven't been eating the best diet since I came home with the complications etc but this new week I am going to try eating a clean, high protein diet to get back into the swing of things. I miss my diet and exercise routine pre all of this.

I am getting itchy around my incision, some say this is it all healing. Also around my 'Voe' binder, compression, garment thing. I guess its the elastic and it being tight. Taking antihistamine's to get over this though. Wondering if I will be switched to a compression t-shirt or anything anytime soon? Still no pain meds needed for over a week now, just my 3 iron tabelts daily. I had a blood test on Friday 27th January to check blood / iron levels, hoping they are getting back up now.

On Saturday 28th I went into the hospital for a dressing change. She took everything off and cleaned up everything. My belly button has been open and no coverings since Tuesday but she said on Saturday that I only needed Mefix, a thin, cotton like tape over the scar /incision. Which is great, she gave me a roll so I can replace it everytime after a shower.

I looked in the mirror tonight, I took my binder off for 5 minutes to breathe a little cause of the itch and bare in mind this was 9pm at night after a huge sunday roast lunch and pudding and walking about all day etc I still felt like I had a little pot belly. No loose skin it just stuck out a little. I am hoping this is normal for 19 days post op and just swelling and will slowly decrease?

I am still pretty much back to how I was pre-surgery with life, walking about, going out, driving myself and everything now. Only thing missing is the gym and gym classes.

Question for any of you reading, when did you return to gym and when did you start sleeping on your stomach or side? I have always slept on my stomach and I HATE with a passion this sleeping on my back, I am slowly going more on my side as the nights go on.

I can't wait to be at 2-3+++ and beyond months post op!

I am hopefully seeing my surgeon on this coming tuesday first time since second surgery with a list of questions. I can't wait to start using bio oil on the scar area. Any other recommended products for the scar and healing process? How soon after surgery can I fly?

Any hints and tips in general from you lot who have been through this?

I took a selfie (vain I know) yesterday 28th January '17 I'll post some pictures in this update for you who are following me and this journey.

Thanks for reading,

22 days post op today.

Today (Wednesday 1st February 2017 I am 22 days post op from second re-op. 28 days since original.

Just a quick update today.
This morning I weighed 77.4kg

Yesterday (Tuesday 31st January 2017) I went for a check up with the nurse at treatment room, she managed to grab my surgeon for a quick look at my scar etc.
He told me that I require nothing on my scar now! No dressings what so ever and to try and get the air to it as much as possible. He said he was really impressed with how it's all looking 3 weeks post op! He said the "voe" garment (I'm wearing in previous posts pictures) I can find something else if I want. I'm still going to wear this one for a while 24 hours a day till I find something else!

I'm going to buy those ScarAway products and try them!

He asked me to make an appointment to see him in 5 weeks time.

Any recommendations for me at this stage? Garments? Products for scar / incision?

24 days post op

Today, Friday 3rd February 2017 is 24 days post op (from second re-op) and 30 days since original tummy tuck procedure.

Today I weighed 76.3kg.

I took some pictures today at 11:30am after I had a shower. I had my binder off for about 2.5 hours before I took the pictures so may be a little more swollen from moving around / driving etc.
I'll attach the pictures of my 24 days post op, scar / incision.

My ScarAwag long version product arrived today and I bought some BioOil. I'll try using the ScarAway tomorrow after I've been up and had a shower. I also read some reviews on the "Remescar Silicone Scar Stick" product. May buy this too! I'll try anything. Scar is very risen and purple. Slight puckering / pleating to my right side which I'm hoping subsides. I guess I'm just really sensitive to the results and built up a picture in my head. I guess that comes with being larger and unhappy.

Nothing else to report. No medication apart from iron tablets still. Living a Normal life. Driving myself about. Went for a meal and few pints of larger tonight with friends. Can't wait to get back in gym. I read ALOT of reviews yesterday and doctors answers. They said by 6-8 week post op you should be doing everything you were pre-op!

Thanks for reading.