22 Year Old Male, Excess / Loose Skin Around Abdomen After Weight Loss, Tummy Tuck? - Newcastle Upon Tyne, GB

(abdominoplasty). Hey everyone, I'm Craig...

(abdominoplasty). Hey everyone, I'm Craig Campbell, I'm 22 years old and live in Newcastle in the United Kingdom. I'm new to this site and just joined. I used to weigh 17 stone (we use stone here in the UK) which is about 107kg or 238 pounds. I'm down now to 12stone which is equivalent to 76kg or 168 pounds. I thought I just needed maybe some liposuction or liposulpture and consider vaser. I went for a consultation with one local private hospital cause our National Health System (The NHS) wouldn't cover the cost of the operation and I will have to go private and pay for this myself, but at this consultation I was told that it is excess skin and I will need a tummy tuck. So far I have only seen one Dr / consultation for this and I'm going to see as many as I can in my local region for more quotes and prices and other opinions before I commit. I was a bit shocked to go from the prospect of jut Liposuction and a few grand to Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) and the thousands it costs for this. From the one surgeon I've seen so far they have quoted me £6,495 about $9994.47 in USD. I've come so far and I still absolutely hate myself and my body. I suffer with anxiety, severe panic attacks and depression and like you put on a fake, happy, smiley front. I have 0 confidence and it upsets me that no matter how hard I workout and exercise or eat 'clean' I will never get the results I want. How hard is it to get some abs / a six pack please? ha! Any advice who are male and gone through this or any advice from anyone would be much appreciate, especially Dr's and Surgeon's.. thanks a lot everyone!

Here is some pictures of my stomach / abdomen

Took some pictures of my stomach / abdomen area so you can get an idea!

Tummy Tuck? 22 Year Old Male, 6ft1 - Excess Skin / Loose Skin After Weight Loss

(abdominoplasty). Hello everyone, My name is Craig Campbell, I'm a 22 years old male and live in Newcastle in the United Kingdom. I'm new to this site and just joined. I'm 6ft 1 and I used to weigh 17 stone (we use stone here in the UK) which is about 107kg or 238 pounds. I'm currently down to 12 stone which is equivalent to 76kg or 168 pounds. I had a problem area around my stomach / abdomen and initial thoughts were that it was just a stubborn area of hard to move fat. I initally thought I just needed maybe some liposuction or liposulpture and consider vaser. I went for a consultation with one local private cosmetic hospital cause our National Health System (The NHS) wouldn't cover the cost of the operation and I will have to go private and pay / fund for this procedure myself, but at this consultation I was told that it is excess skin and I will need a tummy tuck, which was quite a shock after just going in with the thought of liposuction and then be told I need a tummy tuck to get the results I wanted. So far I have only seen one Dr and been for one consultation for this and I am planning on going to see as many surgeons / dr's / consultations as I possibly can in my local region for more quotes and prices and other opinions before I commit. I was shocked to go from the prospect of just Liposuction and a few grand to a Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) and the thousands it costs for this. From the one surgeon I've seen so far they have quoted me £6,495 about $9994.47 in USD. I've come so far and I still absolutely hate myself and my body. I suffer with anxiety, severe panic attacks and depression. I have 0% confidence and it upsets me that no matter how hard I workout and exercise or eat 'clean' I will never get the results I want. Every morning I'm up at 7am for a 4 mile run and then some weight lifting when I get home. How hard is it to get some abs / a six pack please? Ha. Any advice especially from those who are male and gone or going through this or any advice from anyone would be much appreciated, especially opinions from Dr's and Surgeon's. Thank you for taking the time to read, Craig! :)

Moving things forward, exciting times! ????

So after the initial two consultations with The Hospital Group in Leeds and Harley Medical Group in Newcastle, (I didn't particularly like their vibe). I have booked in for two 10 minute free consultations with plastic / cosmetic surgeons at / with Nuffield here in Newcastle Upon Tyne in the UK. My latest one was Thursday 30th June and I saw Mr Omar Ahmed. I really thought he was informative and positive in this initial chat and he said the next step would be to book in for the paid 30 minute consultation to discuss further and prices and dates. I want this done now, today, this minute. I want this surgery over with and to move on with my life and see the final / finished product! I'm still eating very clean and healthy and going to the gym 6-7 times a week! I am worried about the scar, of course. I hope it goes very faint after a year or so, or is very low that it's not noticed. After looking through some pictures of some patients results on her and online I'm concerned, some of their scars looks like it cuts into their fat on the hips and they have an over hang? Id rather it be more smooth and to the hip. I'd appreciate any advice, hints and tips any of you guys have. I'll keep you's posted. Thanks a lot,
- C.

My weight loss journey started June 2013, after an...

My weight loss journey started June 2013, after an initial 6 week intense boot camp with a Personal Trainer was the initial kick up the butt I needed. Fast forward to April 2015 I decided after constant strict exercise and a extremely strict diet I was not seeing the results I wanted, I booked in for a consultation with the Hospital Group in Leeds thinking it would just be some liposuction and a stubborn area. I was told to my shock, it was loose skin and I would need a tummy tuck. I was 22 at this point and surgery like this was not something that had entered my mind. I booked in for a second opinion at the Harley Medical Group here in Newcastle Upon Tyne and they confirmed it.

I was not 100% confident with these two cosmetic surgery clinics so booked in with the Nuffield. I have seen two Cosmetic Surgeons there and I have now booked in for my paid 30 minutes consultation with Mr Omar A Ahmed next week to move things forward. I want it done now, if I could get it done right this second I would so I could see the finished product / final product. I'm excited but nervous, especially scaring and not getting the results I want. Next week I will find out more about pricing and dates so I will keep everyone posted!