Upper Blepharoplasty For Lid Skin Removal Newburgh NY

I'm a 60 yr Black female and for many yrs I've...

I'm a 60 yr Black female and for many yrs I've wanted to have eyelid surgery to have a more dramatic eye which would allow me to wear eyeshadow and mascara without a struggle. In the past 5 yrs I've noticed my lids have made me appear tired and they are always puffy in the a.m., so I began researching Cosmetic surgeons within a 40-50 mil radius of my home. I had a few consultations but made my final decision based on the post op results I was seeing on the website of Dr Rubinstein. I also formerly have a background in plastic surgery, so I knew what questions to ask. My eyelids goals was to have a deeper set eye similar to the actress Kerry Washington, so I brought in a photo for the MD to see as example. Anyway my precedure was scheduled for 8/17/16 and everything went smoothly. I did a pre-op SINECCHI (Arnica) tablets routine which I purchased online after reading of others who had recommended it to lessen post op swelling and bruising. It was done under local anesthesia, took an hour, I felt nothing at all and hardly remember anything during or immediately afterwards. That evening I managed to rest in an upright position with ice packs (frozen lunch box cooler packs) applied each 20-30 mins, and although in the photos my eyes appear very swollen and reddened, I wasn't in any major discomfort. I cleaned the area daily with peroxide on Q-tips, cont'd ice pack treatments, and polysporin ointment applied for 5 -6 days, then had the stitches removed day 8. It's now day 12 and the swelling is mostly gone with only a small amount of tenderness in each corner where the stitches were knotted. I've been applying Scar-Fade Gel (which is avble online for less than MD's price) -and so far I'm satisfied with the results. I will post updated photos as the healing continues.
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Rubinstein is extremely proficient in areas of facial cosmetic procedures. He has a very gentle approach to addressing esthetics and options available in consulting his patients regarding areas of concern. I was very pleased with his state of the art facility and very helpful, considerate staff. It was a pleasure to be a patient there and having a background in surgical nursing, I know I made the right choice in plastic surgeons.