Cortisone Shots - Only in Well Trained Hands! - New Zealand, NZ

Due a case of alopecia areata barbae I went to see...

Due a case of alopecia areata barbae I went to see Dr David Lim at the Skin Institute in Ponsonby (Auckland, New Zealand) what a mistake I made!!

As you can see he injected me multiple times with 10 mgs of pure cortisone which left me with significant damage and holes in my face!

Please do not ever try this and be really careful who you go to for these injections !!

In this country (New Zealand) doctors can not be sued so they do whatever they want to on anyones, they damage their life and bodies and then you have to go an claim it through national insurance (Acc) but good luck with getting something from them!

Certainly not worth it...!!

Update, 4 months later

For all of those whom may be suffering from cortisone atrophy.. Don't panic! It's been 4 months and they are 96% gone. I went from horror to nearly normal but it took time, during the fist 2 months I saw absolutely no improvement but at the 3 months mark things started changing.. For the guys, the hair grew back in some parts but hasn't in other parts leaving a patchy stubble appearance. This may improve with time too.
I'd like to say when I went through all that panic at the begining, I messaged quite a few people in here that went through the same (in order to find out what happened to their dents after a while) and only 1 person replied.. So if you need support or just to clarify your doubts after this has happened to you please do not hesitate to contact me, I'll be more than happy to assist ! I did not do saline shots nor laser, peelings nothing.. Nada.. Just waiting

Before and After

Dr David Lim

Dr Lim is very young and inexperienced and he didn't even know himself what the risks of giving undiluted cortisone (10mgs) in someone's face were. He didn't communicate the risks to me or told me indentations were rare!! Also he didn't make me sign a consent form which would have been a tool to warn me about any possible risks (I wouldn't have done it if I knew)