I Have Eyelids for the First Time in my Life! - New Zealand

So I'm young, 26. I know that seems young to be...

So I'm young, 26. I know that seems young to be getting this surgery but I have had excess skin on my eyeslids all my life. When I smile I had pretty much no eyes left :( people also used to ask if I was asian which is quite rude..

I have thought about this procedure for about 8 years, since I knew it existed. I used to wear glasses which were great to hide behind but since getting ilasik last year and also just getting older I feel like my eyes got even worse. I started getting headaches from lifting my brows up all the time.

I finally decided to go for a consultation with a surgeon here in christchurch, after doing some research I decided on dr rebecca stack. I was nervous that she might think i was silly being so young, but he was so lovely and agreed that my eyes needed some help.

Update 1

So the site keeps crashing when I try to upload pics will try again.

The procedure went really well it was over so quickly and the Dr was great at keeping me distracted. It's more the thought more than anything else!

Day 1 and 2 I iced a lot, 20mins every hour almost all day. Also started taking arnica in the hope it would keep bruising at bay. Also sleeping upright in bed which is super anoying!

No pain just feels really tight and stiff. Looking forward to getting the stitches out on Friday!

It's 4 days post surgery and bruising is starting to go yellow, hoping it clears a lot more soon as back to work on Monday.

Will try to post photos below

Photos

Photo updates

More photos

Photos from 2 days post surgery

Update 6 days post

The bruising is slooooowly starting to do down, trying to be patient. Hope it goes down more over the weekend as back to work on Monday. Will get some makeup to cover once stitches are out.

Swelling is a lot worse in the mornings, by evenine things look really nice! So happy with how it's all going. Right eye is definitely the better one, hope the left eye catches up soon.

It still feels quite stiff and right but this is slowly getting better.

So glad I'm getting stiches out tomorrow!

6 days post photo update

Dr rebecca stack

I felt 100% confident that I would be taken care of with my Dr. She was easy to talk to and great at keeping nerves at bay!