Removal Silicon Shots by Dr. Tansar Mir / New York

I'm literally out if my 2nd surgery and wanted to...

I'm literally out if my 2nd surgery and wanted to share a few points that I didn't even consider myself prior to surgery.

Ladies - this surgery is BIG...and I'm not talking about the incision. The whole procedure is major which means you need to prepare emotionally and physically for this.

First: Again, I'm fresh out of surgery and OUCH. This s*^t huts. He had to cut a bit of my muscle and I feel it ..oh donI?! Thank God for meds as they do relieve the pain.

Second: Post up care is no joke. You go through major surgery. I have no idea how anyone could have this procedure one day and go to a hotel (or even home) the next day. Each body is different but the chances of complications with this one are very high. I'm pretty healthy and yet had complications. My blood presure dropped dangerously and the nurse had to call the hospital's rescue team to come to my room. Frightening situation that would have had a different outcome if I wasn't in the hospital under 24/7 watch. BTW - this incident was related to my reaction to surgery and not for poor care. In fact, because if the proactive post-up care at the Lenox, I believe I'm able to write this review today. Seriously, I wouldn't be here to tell.

Third: Expectations - I truly believe Dr Mir does what he can to avoid deformities. However, you have to be prepared to have them after surgery. The doctor can't perform miracle ladies. I don't know what my end result is going to be as I still have one or two surgeries to go (he's removing over 3,000 CCs out of this trunk). But my butt was flat when I got the shots 12 yrs ago. That plus all the loss of tissue now, what should I expect?! Trust me, I'm scared but I have to be realistic. Unless God does the impossible and drops a few CCs l of fat in there during surgery, I should expect exactly the picture I just painted. Do not lie to yourself.

Fourth: if you received injections at some point, see a qualified doctor. Any doctor with proper license could open you up and scoop some of this stuff out. However, the chances of them not being able to remove this effectively are high. Removal is no joke.

And lastly: if you can work with Dr Mir, please do. That guy is amazing. He treats his patients as family. Also, his work is phenomenal. Although there are limitations as to what he can do, if there's a way...he will find it.

However, if you are concerned about deformities and your looks (who isn't?), and have not reached the point were your health is more important, wait a bit. Silicon removal is for the ones that are ready and not everyone is. Some may want it gone but that doesn't mean they are ready. Please do some soul-searching before making this very big decision.

I'm touching my butt as I type, and it feels great not to touch that poison (yayy)...but the big butt is gone too. Got to get me some butt pads asap - yikes.

I will try to answer questions but may take me a while as I'm still in the hospital.

God bless you all.

Surgery #3

Big day today. Doctor is going to take out the remaining silicon (about 20%) and lift me up with some shape back there. I had a huuuge butt (over 3,000 CCs of silicon) so the change is drastic. Right now I look like I have a bag of potatoes back there. Though I must admit, even though he is not done....I look way better than with the silicon. In fact, I think look pretty good. The doctor did say that he is going to shape things up and that "I'll be surprised as to what he'll be able to do to make it look good. I have no doubt that he will do what he says. Dr Mir is a super star. He is my guardian angel. Love this man!

Ladies, if and when you decide to remove silicon, please only see Dr Mir. No other doctor could take it out while keeping you safe in a hospital setting.

Pray for me today please.

Picture - right out of 3rd surgery.

Butt is small and empty but it doesn't look bad at all. With a few drops of fat, I'll be where I wanted to be before the injections. Dr Mir is truly the best.

6 days post op

Growing a little stronger each day. It is fascinating to see and feel how our bodies heal by the hour. So happy I did this. I go to sleep holding my New butt. Sometimes I think it was only a dream. But it wasn't. I am finally free.

These drains though -- they are angry little bastards.

If you are a víctima of butt shots, dont think about it much. Dr. Mir is the way to go.

Padded Panties

Just ordered these today from www.lovemybubbles.com. If they fit well and look realistic, l will purchase their whole warehouse!

1st Doctor's Visit

Wound Vac is off and 3 drains are out. 2 more drains to go. Doctor said my healing is way ahead of schedule. Only 1% of the flesh is showing dead cells but he thinks it will recover with antibiotic cream. So happy!

Don't believe them when they say that the vac is not going to hurt when they take it out. Both the wound vac and the drains hurt like a $*%#€£. Though it quickly disappears. But ouch!!!

Sleeping

I finally slept 4 consecutive hours last night (frigging yayyy). Not sure why my sleep has been so affected but can't sleep. Perhaps the drains have a lot to do with it.

Healing is coming along. Feeling more flexible. Incision and damaged skin around incision (due to dead skin) are healing with the antibiotic cream he gave me. One day at a time!

Passed Panties are a life saver!

Review Closed for Comments

It is insane! My review has been about the removal of silicon....yet, it was closed for comments as they think I'm promoting butt shots!. Read people....read! Rolling my eyes

Angry Drain Out

Had a follow up visit with Dr Mir. He removed one drain. I still have one that he said may come out next week. He said I'm healing great but that I'm not out of the wood work yet. As a reminder, my incision has 1% of dead skin due to blood flow. Though most of the skin with redness was removed....there was 1% he couldn't take out and do he's trying to treat it to keep it alive. It's around the incision.

Silicon Injections are not worth it!

Found this picture on Instagram and wanted to share. It is not worth it!

Oh man...

In my opinion, the worst part about post op has been the drains. Though they contribute a world of difference to the healing process, I hate them. Comfort is non-existence with them. Angry little bastards!

Lower back pain

So I've developed a strong lower back pain. I've been reading about it and may be an infection, which is a normal complication from this type of surgery. .

Whatever! My butt is feeling good. My incision us feeling good. I'm felling good. Other than the back pain, I have plenty to feel thankful for.

Nevertheless, aghhhh. What a $&@%@

Feeling better

5 weeks since my first surgery and I'm starting to feel back to normal. What a great feeling that is! I was questioning whether or not I was going to be able to return to work at the 6 week mark, and now I know I can. Also, my last drain is hardly draining I know the sucker is coming out at my next visit on Tuesday.

God is sooo good to me.

Things are looking up but...

Feeling great today. Back pain is gone so no infection - thank God. Have a follow up on Tursday which I'm really looking forward to it.

Though I thought I would get rid off the last drain at my next appointment but I'm not sure as I'm collecting fluid again. Not a lot..but I would rather keep the angry, painful, inconvenient, hatful bastard instead of getting a seroma. It will come out soon enough.

Follow up in NY tomorrow

Thanks for all the messages of support. You guys are great.

Keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow. Hoping that the last drain gets removed...but only if it is ready. I've waited long enough...Im sure i can wait one more week. Whatever he thinks is best.

Drain ir no drain....at least I'll see Dr Mir. I love to see him as he makes me feel safe regarding this situation. He's God sent ladies. He's the best. I have my butt to prove it! :)

I'll keep you informed.

Yayyy

Before I share the great news, let me just say this; please don't go through TSA wearing padded pantirs. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Now to the good news:
My last drain is out. What can I say?! I feel like I have been in jail and have finally been set free. I wish I could drink a margarita to celebrate but I can't so I'll toast with water instead.

Dr Mir said that I'm looking great. I know I am. My healing continues to be ahead of schedule.

It has been 4 weeks since my last surgery and I can't believe it. I can't believe that this nightmare is finally behind me. I truly feel that a miracle has happened in my life. Hasn't it?

Ladies - it can happen to you. Dr Mir is the answer. If you are ready physically and emotionally, please don't wait. It is sooo worth it. My only regret: Wish I did it sooner.

Butt Contour

It has been less than 24 hours but Now that all the drains are gone and that nothing is sucking the butt tissue in, my butt is fluffing nicely. Another patient told me it works but it was difficult to picture it. Your results right after surgery will improve greatly week by week, especially after drains are remove.

Also, I slept like a baby last night. I knew the drains were a pain in the ass...but didn't realize how much of an impact they had on my sleep. Though ladies, don't rush the drains. Healing is strictly connected with drains and if you force them out too early, you will (yes WILL) have complications. Seromas are not fun. So suck it up and keep your drains until the doctor says is ok to remove it.

Seriously, can't believe how fast time has gone by. I'm almost back to some degree of normal. I even have to struggle to remember the not so great times during the past 5 weeks. The good erases the bad very quickly.

Have a blessed day ladies.

Woohoo

Needed a pedicure badly so I drove myself to the nail salón today. Not bad actually. No pain...no discomfort. Just a little tired which is understandable.

I go back to work Monday so my body better get used to of being out and about :)

On the road to normal...

Second day at work and I couldn't be happier. I feel great. My flat butt is pumping (fluffing?) and it actually looks really cute. I haven't thought too much about fat transfers considering that I'm still healing ...but while I was getting dress this AM...I said to myself "a drop of fat here and here and I'll be perfect." Although quite honestly, if I wasn't able to get a BBL due to lack of fat, I'll be fine without it. Dr. Mir did an amazing job with my butt lift. Can't stop touching it (turning into a bad habit).

Quick update

I've been busy with work so i haven't been around much -- but wanted to give a quick update. I'm doing well. Though I did develop 2 seromas and they have to be aspirated once a week by Dr Mir. I feel the needle going in but the process is not painful. Uncomfortable at times perhaps.

My incision is still healing. I think within 2 weeks it will close.

Considering how my butt was pre surgery and the fact that 3,000-4,000 CCs of volume were removed, I look pretty darn good.

I have no pain, no discomfort, no symptoms. Finally was able to wear heels this week without concern. Normal feels good again :)

I will not be able to have a bbl for at least a year since I need more reconstructive surgery. The doctor has to go in to correct the incision, folds, etc. I know it's going to be beautiful when he's done so I'm not worried!

Pre op picture

This is what almost 4,000 CCs of silicon looks like! Great on the outside but a boiling volcano on the inside!

Seromas :(

I had a follow up today and due to the formation of seromas, I opted to get catheters on each butt cheek. I can't feel the right one but the left one hurts like $&@%#. I have to put up with it for as long as I can though.

Otherwise, it was very nice to see the king (Dr, Mir). He's my hero!

Other than the seromas, my healing is coming along nicely. No symptoms, no pain. Silicon injections are a blast from the past. Life is really good again! ;)

Catheter (drains) though :(

Update

Had a follow up visit with Mir. Everything looks good. Seromas are healing. He doesn't recommend further surgery at the moment. Reconstruction will be in another 5 -8 months. Butt's looking great!

Clothing size

Hi - I'm getting s lot of questions with regards to clothing sizing and i wanted to share: i went from a size 12 to a size 2. After gaining a bit of weight, I'm at a size 4. That was my size pre-Silicon shots.

Say no....

There are new cases emerging and I wanted to share some images. Truly disturbing.

Warning

Your employer will be mad if you take time off or you use your insurance to pay for your treatment. My only recommendation is to get over it and to put your health first.

Im the #1 performer at work and after surgery hell has broken lose. Do you first. No one cares about you but you! The heck with everyone else!

Seromas are resolved

Yayyy - no more draining. Doctor said that the seromas are resolved. Ready for the 2nd step in the process. So friggin happy!
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon