Two Years Ago I Had a Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty - New York, NY

I've Always hated my nose and to make it worse I...

I've Always hated my nose and to make it worse I couldn't really breath out of it either. Finally after over a decade of contemplating it I went under the knife. Well before I did that I was advised to see "top surgeon" in NYC. He was very nice and told me that he can fix the hump on my nose and define the tip. However, as far as my breathing goes - he said he's not a ENT surgeon and he highly commended a specialist who he would perform the surgery with. I was like - oh cool 2 top surgeons working hand and in hand to give me the best nose possible!

The day of the surgery I was visited by the doctor who was performing my septoplasty he assured me that everything will go smoothly. When I asked him where is the plastic surgeon
He told once he's done with his part of the operation. The plastic surgeon would follow immediately after. This is where I should have canceled the procedure but I didn't. Deposits were in and there was no looking back.

Operation went a lot longer then it was suppose to. I was told 45 min for septoplasty and 3.5 hours for the nose job. It was supp be one hour procedure. Clearly something was up....

Cast came off profile looks amazing! So happy with the results until I realized that the tip of my nose is crooked. It was never crooked prior to surgery. I was assured that it was uneven swelling and it would subside. A year later still crooked, I have extremely asymmetrical nostrils and collapsed wall. At this point I'm very disappointed and wanted to know wtf went wrong. My breathing got worse and my nose is now crooked! My profile looks great but that definitely didn't help my situation. Both doctors were pointing fingers at each other and I was stuck being the assho**.

I'm writing this for people who have the same issues with the breathing and Astatic issues.
Pick a doctor who knows the nose (no pun intended) inside and out. Not just a plastic surgeon but who's also a ENT board certified surgeon.
New York Plastic Surgeon

I would highly advice seeing an expert in rhinoplasty. I would not recommend him for nose-jobs.