Getting a 5 Year Old Tattoo Removed

After doing some research on which machines where...

After doing some research on which machines where the best and visiting a few different places I bought a 3 session groupon for a tattoo removal. The place I picked was a day spa and nail salon that used the Picosure laser. I have a simple one color medium size tattoo on my upper center back that was already fading because the tattoo artist was not the best at evenly laying the color.
Because of the pageants I compete in I decided to have it removed, I am tired of covering it with makeup. After 3 sessions and following the directions of no direct sunlight I feel my tattoo is fading but looks dirty and darker than ever. I am not sure if the technician knew what she was doing but I am looking for a new place that doesn't include a Groupon to finish my removal. Hopefully another 2 or 3 sessions are all I need.

8 month Later

After finishing my sessions at Vada Spa, I went to a different tattoo removal spa in NYC. This placed seemed to really understand the process and know what my skin needed. She informed me that because the laser was not placed on the proper setting I had gotten hyperPigmentation. The one good thing about this news was that over time the darkness around my tattoo would fade. She would not even allow me to book an appointment until I waited three- four months to let my skin heal.
I have an appointment on Thursday to see what, if anything can be done. I did notice that with the use of topical Vitamin E oil the hyperpigmentation is starting to subside. Fingers crossed.
Vada Spa