Smartlipo (abs, flanks, bra roll)-the Journey So Far

Had smartlipo on Friday, October 21. Most...

Had smartlipo on Friday, October 21. Most challenging part of the procedure was the administration of the local anesthesia, which was quite painful at points. Also a few "ouch!"
moments when the doctor was near the edge of the area that was numb. Trip home was uncomfortable as the blood-tinged numbing agenda was leaking out. Maxi pads became soaked very quickly so a bit was leaking down my legs, and soaked my clothes during the cab ride home. Had a towel underneath me so as not to make a mess on the seat! I was advised to eat a full meal as soon after the procedure as possible, but couldn't keep anything down and vomited everything up. The first night was difficult, slept for an hour at a time, and woke up to really bad dizziness--walking to bathroom required my holding onto the walls. By the next day, felt quite okay--drank copious amounts of water, which I think is helping flush out the remainder of the anesthesia. Only issue was lots of "brain fog." Just taking the antibiotic that doctor prescribed, and one round of Tylenol extra strength. Today is the second day after surgery--a little stiff, sore, and bruised, but feel okay. Took a shower which helped feel more normal. The only challenge with the shower was the stinging sensation when water from the shower hit the incisions. Planning to return to work tomorrow and will see how the day goes.

Already see a difference

My procedure was on Friday, today is Monday and I am heading back to the office. I already see a difference and feel it in my clothes--a size 14 dress that was skin tight prior to the procedure is hanging ever so comfortably. With the swelling that was predicted I was afraid my clothes would be too tight in the weeks following the procedure--that hadn't been the case...yet. Here's hoping the trend continues.

And when you can zip a jacket that hasn't fit for two years--just in time for the autumn frost...

Woohoo!

All garmented-up!

Dr. A. Khan

Dr. Khan of Laser Touch Aesthetics (White Plains and New York City) was very transparent about what to expect and what the challenging aspects of the procedure might be. He is professional and very accessible, even sharing his personal cell phone number should any issues or questions arise. He has performed more than 3000 of these procedures and had been doing so for the last ten years.