Liquid Silicone for Acne Scars... Best Money Every Spent! - New York, NY

I never write reviews. I mean, never. What's...

I never write reviews. I mean, never. What's compelled me to write this one is: 1) I'm thrilled with the results I've seen with the procedure thus far, 2) I think it's important for people like me who have suffered from acne scars to be able to make informed decisions based on actual patient experience, and 3) I'd feel great if I could save just one person from the burden of their acne scars and wasting time on ineffective treatment.

So here's the skinny. I suffered from moderate acne for the majority of my adolescent and early adult life. I seemed to outgrow it in my late 20's but the damage was left in what appeared as several hyperpigmented marks on face. I sought remedy for these blemishes; I received several rounds of chemical peels and microdermabrasion. The result was a much more even complexion but in achieving such, the texture of the scars (rolling and boxcar, mostly) became much more apparent.

I subsequently sought out a way to correct the scars. My journey led me to laser resurfacing. I ended up getting six YAG laser resurfacing treatments (I was not a candidate for the ablative lasers due to my skin type...I'm African American). I would say I saw mild to moderate improvement from the laser. It was enough to make me content but I would still very self-conscious about my skin.

Fast forward 6 years later, I felt like the results from my previous treatments had regressed; the scars were more visible and seemed as deep as they were in the past. My dissatisfaction in my appearance began to weigh on me. The scars were taking a big toll. I decided I was going to do something once and for all to fix my issues. And that's when I came across liquid silicone injections.

I have to admit I was very apprehensive at first, but the more I kept digging the more confident I became that this was the solution for me. I came across Barnett Dermatology in NYC and immediately scheduled a consultative appointment with Dr. Jay Barnett.

Said appointment was today. It's been six hours since I met with Dr. Barnett AND received my first round of liquid silicone injections and I count not be more pleased!!! Dr. Barnett initially mentioned that I might need 2-3 treatments but after seeing the results from today's injections he said I might not even need to come back for a follow-up in 2 months. I would have posted this review sooner if not for the fact that I've been in such a state of amazement with how my face now looks.

I'm not keen on the idea of posting pics of my scars/face on the web but I think it's important to get some sense of the results so I've included one before and one after pic of a portion of my face (feel free to go to the office's website and check out their gallery of before and after pics). Not sure my pics do the procedure justice but I feel the improvement is DRASTIC. I hope to update this review in a 1-2 months to show where I'm at.

To reiterate, I'm completely thrilled with the results. For anyone living in the aftermath of acne, know that there's a viable option to correct your scars. I wish I would have know about this several years ago; I would have saved tons of money, and more importantly been more comfortable with my appearance. Liquid silicone injections are a SAFE, PERMANENT, and EFFECTIVE way to correct facial irregularities. Just make sure you go to a practitioner that is experienced with the procedure. I did, and I'm reaping the rewards. Thanks, Dr. Barnett!
Dr. Jay Barnett

Dr. Barnett is amazing! He was very reassuring and took the time to assess my scars and explain the procedure in detail. He was also very receptive to my questions. I don't think I've had a better doctor's visit. I was so ecstatic with the results that I gave him a big hug at the end. Simply the best!