Deviated septum

I had had nasal trauma which brought on a cycle of...

I had had nasal trauma which brought on a cycle of swelling , trouble breathing and disformity. We live in a image conscience society. I was super insecure up until this morning. Yesterday I received a septoplasty with spreader grafts from Sherman MD. I have minimal typical bruising but it was worth it.

Didn't have a spreadergraft* but did have cartilage placement

Just came from my post op check up and my nose is healthy breathing better I found out he didn't put the grafts. I wasn't a good candidate due to the extent of my trauma. Just a few stitch sites all work was done through my nostrils. I'm pleased esthetically which is a plus on top of breathing phenomenally. Ive been experiencing slight migraines the last three days.

After care could've been better

Was super hard to understand why he thought he did surgery on my cheek .... My nose still swells a bit with dry blood I still see deviation.. I was told I would be receiving nose grafts instead he placed a piece of cartilage on bridge....... My breathing is 50% better. With alternative congestion slight relief with nasal spray. I advise don't go to sleep during surgery if possible. Just in case there are last minute decisions you may input. Still kinda worth it but my nose still feels vulnerable & unstable.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Easy communicator and straight shooter. I think we've smiled more than words exchanged. He understood exactly what I needed after examination. Two weeks later I was on the table with warm & welcoming Sherman MD. I'm excitingly awaiting to be on this journey. It's my only major surgery in life that was initially dreaded. So impressed with my breathing and overall confidence.