Keloid Removal Surgery New York, NY

Hello all! I suffer from keloid skin and over the...

Hello all!
I suffer from keloid skin and over the years I have developed large and painful keloids on my chest. After doing extensive research and weighing my options, I decided to go with Lexington Plastic Surgeons clinic in New York. The Lexington plastic surgeons staff members have been very attentive and caring to me. I look forward to my results!!! ????

2 days Post op!

Everything went well with my surgery. Unfortunately Dr. Jones only removed 3 of my keloids but he said due to the positioning of them... It would be better to remove the others on a later date. I have went through 2 superficial radiation treatments and they are painless. My only complaint was the pressure needed to secure the beam over the incision. Uncomfortable feeling when you have just had surgery. Other than that, I'm good. Dr. Jones was a sweetheart and he really calmed my nerves going into surgery. I'm just mad that I didn't get a selfie with him lol. Will post pics later.

Pictures

8 days post op. I returned to work on Friday. Sore and a slight struggle but I made it????. My incisions are still in tact. Every now and then I will get sharp pains from them but I would compare the pain to what I had when the keloids were there originally. I am still on antibiotics and I discontinued the pain meds yesterday. My incisions are starting to darken but I was told that this was a side effect to the superficial radiation. No biggie though... Better than having those keloids there. Anywho I have to remove my sutures on Thursday.... So I will update on that experience:)

Update

Sorry I've been MIA from this website. Here is an update since my April 6, 2015 surgery. I need to post some from today because my scars have flattened even more and lightened up (thanks to my rose hip oil and bio oil). After 2 months I was finally able to sleep on my stomach. It had been about 6-7 years since I did that. It was absolutely amazing! Thank God and Thank Dr. Jones!!!

Complications and update from today

Just wanted to share the one complication I had from my surgery. My middle and largest incision did not completely close. It actually had a little hole in it that scared the crap out of me. Of course after a week of waiting for the hole to close... It became infected. Thankfully my PCP was able to quickly put me on antibiotics and it cleared up and eventually closed. The signs of infection I noticed intially was pain. I wasn't sure if it was from my incision site or from the hole tho. It wasn't until I lightly pressed in the area and low and behold... Puss came out. Just an FYI for anyone undergoing surgery. Watch out for infections because they can completely mess up your recovery process. Anyways... I've posted pics from today. No pain form any of the incisions. Dr. Jones did inject the kenalog steroid injections to the middle chest incision because we saw a little keloiding. So far I am extremely happy with my results.

Oh! Forgot to mention my round 2 of surgery:)

I recently went back to New York for yet another round of keloid removal surgery on July 6. I had 2 more keloids removed from my groin area. So far the worst part is the itching. Smdh. I'll post the keloids that were removed and a wait little bit for an actual incision pics because the steri strips are still on
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was very comforting and understanding to my situation. he did not rush me and he answered all my questions.