QS from Good to Great with Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyi - New York

I'm a good looking __aged African American male. I...

I'm a good looking __aged African American male. I have always had an issue with the thickness of my nose. I've considered surgery for years but was always overly concerned with what the reaction would be toward a black man getting cosmetic surgery. I finally decided I have always lived my life on my own terms why stop now. I ventured out to find the right Dr. I was referred to a well known cosmetic surgeon in Philadelphia. My interaction with him was the most humiliating experience I've ever had with a medical professional. The Dr. compared the thickness of my nose to a blanket. He said black and Asians have a thick skin and cosmetic surgery would be akin to throwing a blanket over a pencil. He said if you throw a blanket over a pencil the shape of the pointed pencil is still unchanged. He then said white skin is thin and akin to a sheet, and if a sheet is thrown over a posted pencil the pencil shape is defined. He concluded by saying there is nothing I could do for you and dismissed me with a good luck! I should also mention he had four other people in the room watching this,M his assistant walked behind me and whispered I'm so sorry. I continued my google search and found Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyi. I called the office and was greeted professionally, my appointed was scheduled within two weeks. When I met with Dr. Slupchynskyi he asked why I wanted the procedure done, and further asked of my thoughts of African American thoughts toward plastic surgery, specifically rhinoplasty. I explained that I am a proud black man, proud of my heritage and culture. I told him I did subscribe to the belief that adjusting my appearance to created a better me was self-hatred or not defining my natural nose size as beauty. The reality is my nose does not fit my face or balance it and gives me an attractive profile. I want to be able to take an in the moment picture without having to adjust the camera to get my " good side". Dr. Slupchynski set my expectations gave me a visual of what he could do and what my expected result would be. I was pleased and super excited. I had the surgery on 4/15/15 and was surprised there was no pain and the fast recovery time to get back to work. While my nose was significantly reshaped my own family could not figure out what I had done, they just new I looked different and better. I am so very pleased at the outcome and the experience with Dr. Slupchynski he is providing a service to African Americans and people of color that is not readily available, understood or even many cosmetic surgeons have an interest in as I experimented with the Dr. In Philadelphia. To anyone who is interested in going from good to great, just do it and move on with your life so you can be your best self. I highly recommend Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyi.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I researched cosmetic surgeons to determine who would be the best qualified surgeon to give me the outcome I desired. Dr. Oleh is double board certified and has performed hundreds of rhinoplasty procedures on African Americans and countless others on people from all races. He is an artist and will shape your nose to fit with your face to provide balance, and a great side profile. I recall him considering the size of my nostrils to ensure I have no difficulty breathing after the procedure. He considers every important and critical detail to ensure a great outcome. I am very detail oriented and the little things in a physicians office tells me a lot about the Dr. And the practice. I noted the cleanliness and orderliness of his office, furnishings and the professionalism and efficiency of his staff. All this confirmed I had made the right selection and the great results validated all I had expected. In comparing price I found his pricing to be fair and affordable. I also found him to be personable, professional and authentically caring about the patient and his work. I would recommend him highly. Thank you Dr. Oleh.