Attempt to Straighten Nose Left Me with Breathing Problems - New York, NY

I have to say I really like Dr. Hidalgo's kind and...

I have to say I really like Dr. Hidalgo's kind and gentle personality. He originally operated on my breasts nearly 15 years ago and they were truly perfect. With age and after stopping birth control pills my nose started to grow and become crooked. I went to Dr. Hidalgo to straighten the nose and refine the tip. He did straighten it slightly, probably as much as was possible, and was transparent letting me know that it wouldn't be perfectly straight. However, the tip remains quite wide and masculine, but more than the aesthetic issue I have extremely impaired breathing since the surgery a year and a half ago. I never had problems with breathing ever before the surgery. In the beginning I was repeatedly told everything was swollen and would be for 1 year. I went back about 10 months after surgery and he told me I just had narrow nasal passages and there wasn't anything to be done. I now snore and have a lot of problems with nasal breathing during yoga. I paid $8000 plus surgery fees, and will now have to pay between $12,000-$15,000 for a revision. So overall as much as I think Dr. Hidalgo is a lovely person and talented sugeon I wish he had been willing to take my breathing problems caused by the surgery seriously.
New York Plastic Surgeon