After Being on The Biggest Loser, Contestant Gets Excess Skin Removed! A New Lease on Life! - New York

Hi! My name is Francelina and I was a contestant...

Hi! My name is Francelina and I was a contestant on NBC's The Biggest Loser Season 14. After losing over 170 lbs I was in great desperation. I struggled with painful excess skin after massive weight loss. It was a really difficult situation because of how taboo talking about excess skin was after being on a show like the one I was on. Most people assumed that life after so much weight loss was a smooth transition without consequences. Unfortunately, this is not accurate. It was a difficult time and it took a lot of courage to speak out about it. I felt deformed, defeated, insecure, and often wondered if losing the weight was "worth it." Luckily I had many amazing people supporting me and who kept reminding me that it was in fact worth it and that there were ways to address the skin. After all,I had the most important thing back--my health! I later came across Dr. Jennifer Capla(based in New York) who selflessly donated her time to me to improve the quality of my life. She is UNBELIEVABLE! I feel blessed to know her and has been more than just a doctor. I consider her a friend and family. There are no words to describe what she has given me back! It's been 6 months since my first excess skin removal surgery. I can't tell you how much it has changed the quality of my life. Not only physically.. (Goodbye rashes and cuts) BUT emotionally--- Not to mention I already started to lose more weight! Some of the reasons include; increased mobility ( getting the skin removed has given me more flexibility when it comes to workouts and now I can do things I could not because of all the "extra" I was carrying around) also emotionally, I feel so much more confidence and just vigor to keep transforming my body since now I can physically see changes. I strongly recommend Dr. Jennifer Capla. I have never met anyone like her in my entire life. I will attach pictures so you can see her work BUT I wish I could show you what she has done for me on the inside as well. If you have lost a lot of weight, do not give up! There are ways to address the skin and keep moving forward with your life with much more vigor, passion, and determination. Never give up! Dreams do come true! Mine did.

New York Plastic Surgeon

This amazing surgeon has changed the quality of my life. She is selfless, caring, devoted, and I truly wish you could all meet her! I never in a million years believed that people like her actually existed.---The whole package! Not only is her work flawless, she is also very passionate about her patients and truly has the biggest heart in the world. I lost over 170 lbs through diet and exercise and was left with an insane amount of excess skin. Dr. Capla helped me continue my journey and performed the first of a couple of surgeries we have planned. For pictures please refer to @franmo42 on instagram or francelinamorillo14 on facebook!! She has forever changed my life and I could not be more thankful! I was a contestant on Biggest Loser and there was a lot of shame and stigma associated with excess skin. Dr. Capla made me realize that there is a way to address the skin and to keep moving forward--after all the "hard part" was done. I had my surgery back in July 2014 and as I enter 2015 I feel stronger and healthier than ever! This could not have happened without her or with any other surgeon. She is the REAL DEAL and someone who will care about you far after your surgery...a true class act! I highly recommend her and am preparing for the rest of my surgeries! -Francelina Morillo (The Biggest Loser Season 14)