33 Years Old Female with 1 Child, Lipo (Flanks) New York, NY

Motivation: Bad lifestyle habits when it came to...

Motivation: Bad lifestyle habits when it came to food/exercise due to hectic schedule! I desperately needed a kick start!

I did this procedure to feel better about myself and fit nicely in my clothes. My problem ares were abdomen and flanks. I would describe myself as skinny-fat.

Dr. Chia explained to me since I wanted my abdomen and flanks he would have to break it into two days since I wanted it under local and my body size could only take so much medication for the tumescent (numbing solution).

Day of surgery: I had a light breakfast as the staff advised and arrived 30 minutes prior to my procedure to check in. Dr. Chia greeted me along with his lovely nurse and marked the problem areas. I was given oral antibiotics, pain meds, and a sedative.

I was not nervous at all because I felt safe and in good hands. During the surgery I didn't feel any pain at all except for a tolerable pinch here and there during the numbing procedure. After that everything went smoothly. I only did my flanks at this time because that was the area that bothered me the most. After the procedure I went home with a garment on that you are suppose to wear for 2 weeks.

Recovery: I didn't have any pain at ALL or take ANY paid meds or sedatives. And went to work the next day!

10 days post op: sutures were removed and at this point I could already see a big difference already. I even asked the nurse for a smaller garment.

*I had a really great experience because I was very diligent with my pre procedure directions. I took bromelain and arnica as advised by the office two weeks prior to my procedure which I believe helped with my swelling and bruising as I had very minimal.

I avoided salty foods and drank plenty of fluids and walked around to help with the swelling.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chia is very knowledgable and extremely professional. He answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable from the start. I don't regret my decision at all. As a matter of fact I came back and got a second procedure. The staff are wonderful and accommodating. The office is very modern and clean.