Professional, Yet Comforting - New York, NY

A lipoma is pretty much similar to a cyst. It's...

A lipoma is pretty much similar to a cyst. It's benign, albeit, samples must be sent to pathology. In my case this lipoma was on the back of my head, at the neck line. I could not see it. So from that perspective, I had no clue what it was. My girlfriend noticed it and took a cell picture to show me. It was not a great looking color. The fear of melanoma brought me to my dermatologist who recommended Dr. Engler.
Dr. Engler is aware of fear a trepidation when it comes to skin growths. At our first meeting, he put me at easy. After a little chat, he examined the growth. He said that although it was colored (which probably distinguishes a lipoma from a cyst), it did not look bad.
The removal was the following week. The surgery went swimmingly. After the sutures, Dr. Engler said the wound may ooze a bit. Well, not one cotton swab was needed. He did such a great job: no discomfort or pain at all. Dr. Engler personally called me to inform me that Pathology came back benign. Two weeks later, Dr. Engler removed the sutures and said how good it looked. All in all, if you need something removed from your skin, he's the doctor.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Engler's office staff is top shelf. His receptionist is drop-dead gorgeous, which does not hurt at all. She's always smiling and pleased to assist. Dr. Engler's nurse (I assume she's a nurse) is also a beautiful lady with golden hair, ice-blue eyes, and extremely capable. All of these attributes made my surgical experience not only extremely professional, but comforting and relaxing. I will report back to my dermatologist on how pleased I was at their recommendation of Dr. Alan Engler.