Sexy Lips. New York, NY

I've always had exceptionally large lips. I had...

I've always had exceptionally large lips. I had been Bullied growing up in grade school because I hadn't grown into them and still in my adulthood people have a hard time taking me seriously, I think because of my lips. I also still get bullied -- considering most ppl don't have big lips, mine get a lot of negative attention. And what is ironic is my friends tell me they love my gigantic lips but they always use the word gigantic which they don't realize is hurtful.

Also my career goals are to make it to television as an actor, and or to perform on Broadway and while I own my image I can't turn a blind eye to the fact that I will always be judged by my appearance when auditioning for work so it's important to me to put my best face forward:) so to speak

I got my lips reduced today by the same Doctor that did my nose job. This man as an astute eye for aesthetics and I trust him. He told me I would be very swollen but I had no idea I would like as crazy as I do . I'm writing this review to find support during this awkward phase and to educate ppl out there who have large lips like myself and who are considering having this procedure.

Update

I've got three months till I can fully enjoy sum new lips but I'm feeling myself here ;)

almost at three months plus dreads:)

June 17th is my 3 month post op and my lips are still pretty swollen. he took a lot out so i'm guessing it will take that much longer for all the swelling to subside. the lips don't allow for lymphatic drainage so swelling is typical and lasts a while. i'm remaining patient and positive!:)

Latest photo

Still full lips but proportioned well with other facial features! I still have a few more months for swelling .
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon