One Day Post-op and I Realize That I Should Have Made This Choice Ages Ago! - New York, NY

I have always had a love/hate relationship with my...

I have always had a love/hate relationship with my lips. When I was 21, my former modeling agency paid for professional lip injections. Then when that career ended, I began paying for hem myself until I could not afford them anymore. I eventually resorted to purchasing injectables on eBay and got a serious, flesh-eating infection on one side of my bottom lip.

After a round of the antibiotic augmentin, I went to Dr. Madnani for a permanent solution, and he agreed to do an upper lip lift. The Upper lip lift would reveal more of my bottom lip, making it appear larger, and it would shorten the mustache area of my upper lip to give me a more feminine curve, give me a more defined cupids-bow, and also reveal more of my upper lip.

The day of my procedure, I was so relieved by hi confidence and the kindness of Dr. Madnani's incredibly friendly staff. He lifted my lip with ease and the immediate results are magnificent! I can't wait to see the final results!

3 days post-op and I am loving the results!

It has been 3 days since the procedure and the swelling had reduced significantly! Thanks to tons of triple antibiotic ointment, the coagulated blood has slipped off of the stitches and I love what I see so far! I have been eating healthy foods, avoiding smoke and alcohol, and wearing a mask to work. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

5 days post-operative!

It is day 5 and I can't wait to get my stitches removed on day 7!
The scar on my left nostril is a little puffy so I have been mixing crushed aspirin and the vitamin E oil from vitamin E capsules to treat the hypertrophic scar. (Hypertrophic scars are a personal issue that I have dealt with all my life so I am fully prepared.)
Attached to this update is an image of my stitches on the morning of Day 5 as well as a picture of myself with makeup and surgical tape to show how I present myself at work.

9 days post-operative and my scars are barely noticeable!

It has been 9 days since the procedure! Dr. Madnani removed my stitches on day 7 and the removal was absolutely painless. The doc gave me a sample of a scar product that he personally designed in a lab called PUREHEALPLUS and the scars are practically invisible. Even coworkers said that they can't see where the incisions were made. The hypertrophic scar on one of my nostrils has reduced significantly and the color is blending in with the rest of my skin perfectly. I took two photos on my way to work. I love the extra lip exposure on both my upper and lower lips. My upper lip is not swollen, it just looks fuller since it was curled up with the lip lift and the extra lower lip exposure really evens things out, which I love.

3 MONTHS POST-OP UPDATE!

It has been 3 months since my procedure, and my lips look permanently fuller. I look 5 years younger, I'm more confident, and I don't think it's a coincidence that my boyfriend of 1.5 years PROPOSED!!!!
YES! I am engaged! He put a ring on it ladies! The better you look, the better you feel, and the easier life gets!
I have been getting requests for updates so when I went to Dr. Madnani's office for a follow-up yesterday, I asked for my before and after photos so that I could post them here. He was nice enough to email them to me (disclaimer: please ignore my obvious weight gain).
Also, yesterday, I saw one of my real self readers who was getting stitches removed from her lip lift! She looked incredible! I don't know what she looked like before, but she looked so pretty yesterday that I told her that she should also leave a review here on RealSelf. Let's see if she does.
She asked me 2 questions that I figured I should share here.

Q: How long was your upper lip originally?
A: 2cm and he removed .9cm

Q: How long was your upper lip stiff after the procedure?
A: I guess technically it was never stiff, I just minimized my facial movements and expressions subconsciously to prevent interfering with the healing process.

I am happy to answer any more questions below! Like I said to the reader who I met yesterday, I think it's so important to share your story whenever you have a great experience with a talented and affordable doctor. It's important for us to be confident and love the skin we're in.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Madnani is a magician with a scalpel!