20 Years of Wearing Glasses and Finally No More! - New York

I had my procedure recently at Dr. Chynn's office....

I had my procedure recently at Dr. Chynn's office. Dr. Chynn is extremely sharp, very nice and is always ready to answer questions. The staff are professional and nice too. When I visited for the consultation, I was introduced to a "buddy patient" via email (after her consent of course) so that I can ask questions more from the patient's perspective. This was very helpful as I got the chance to communicate directly with someone who understood my fears and concerns.
After the initial consultation and a few extra exams the doctor recommended me to do to make sure I am truly a good candidate for Lasek, I was scheduled for the procedure. The procedure itself went really quickly (maybe 10 minutes) and I was out of the doctor's office in about three hours including the waiting time. By my 1st post-op visit, which was one week from the procedure day, I was already very happy about the result. I can still feel subtle improvements in my vision every couple days and I am now roughly 20/30 and 20/40 with better vision still to come (since Lasek requires longer recovery time than Lasik but in exchange there are major benefits such as better final vision and better night vision). I had a very high prescription so this was the results the doctor told me that we could probably achieve during the consultation. I would be close to or past the upper limit which is safe for LASIK to treat, but well within LASEK parameters, which is one reason Dr. Chynn switched from performing the older cutting LASIK to the newer noncutting LASEK in 2003. Overall, I am really grateful that I can now see very well without glasses and Dr. Chynn and his staffs are absolutely fantastic!
New York Ophthalmologist