31 AA F W/ Deep Boxcar and Ice Pick Scars on Cheeks - New York

So, I've been struggling with acne from me teens,...

So, I've been struggling with acne from me teens, since then it has calmed down to about one major break out a month around my cycle. Since my acne begun I always picked, pinched and squeezed, thus causing deep boxcar and ice pick scars on miltiple areas of my face, mostly on my cheeks, after looking at a lot of realself reviews I decided to take advantage of a groupon for a fractional laser treatment. The procedure was quick about 45 minutes in total including the consultation with the Dr. He performed the procedure with a Polamar 1540 @ level 50. He did four passes to each cheek. Ok, did mention that it hurt? It feels like getting a tattoo, but in slow motion. The first pass wasn't so bad, but by the time he got to the fourth I was ready to go. After the Dr. was done he applied a retna A gel, and two ice packs. Before I left I was given care instructions and some sunscreen.
The Dr. Suggested that I have three more treatments to see major repair, but noted that I should see some improvement by the second.
I'm waiting a few weeks to see how my skin reacts before scheduling my next appointment.

Ouch!!!

So, 1 week in and I had to take two days off of work, I broke out to the highest power. I'm going to charge it to the overuse of rose hip seed oil, but I cried. Skin where the treatment is still rough with track marks vibisle, and I want to see improvement so bad but,outbreak is a major setback. I will be getting a second round in three weeks

Update! About a year after laser acne scar treatment..

So I'm back with an update, because I realized that a year later my scars pretty much look the same or maybe even worse..lol (crying on the inside) I'm considering doing another session. I'm desperate and I don't know what to do. Eventually all track marks do go away, but in the meantime there may be dot marks all over treated areas. Good luck everyone!
New York Dermatologist

Dr. Was nice, well groomed, and he talked to me throughout my visit. I know this is strange to say, but his breath smelled good too, with someone being so close to your face for about an hour, you notice things like that, well I did at least.